Samsung Ku6000 portable Hdd connectivity

Sagor

Someone please help me.
I have 55inch ku6000 which is similar to ku6300 only difference is lack of Bluetooth.
The tv is wall mounted & the usb port is not reachable that's why i connect usb extender on usb 1a (HDD) port.Pendrive is working fine.
But my 500 hdd doesn't show.Is my usb extender problem it or is there some sort of tricks to view my hdd.
This hdd perfectly shown on my sony w800c.

HDD format on NTFC

don't double post..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

51 minutes ago, Sagor said:

Someone please help me.
I have 55inch ku6000 which is similar to ku6300 only difference is lack of Bluetooth.
The tv is wall mounted & the usb port is not reachable that's why i connect usb extender on usb 1a (HDD) port.Pendrive is working fine.
But my 500 hdd doesn't show.Is my usb extender problem it or is there some sort of tricks to view my hdd.
This hdd perfectly shown on my sony w800c.

HDD format on NTFC

I also posted it on Home Theater Equipment section.

most likely lack of power.. are you sure it delivers 1a? and is your cable and extender rated for atleast 1a? 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

I post it both section because. not everyone go every section and my problem is related both section.
When i find my solution i will delete other thread.

3 hours ago, Changis said:

most likely lack of power.. are you sure it delivers 1a? and is your cable and extender rated for atleast 1a? 

Yes i am sure it's 1a usb port because it was labeled as 1a.I don't know about extender cable.But it is working fine with pendrive even android phone,though because of MTP tv doesn't show every file.

Image is from internet.

samsung_ue40ku6000_03_l.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sagor said:

Yes i am sure it's 1a usb port because it was labeled as 1a.I don't know about extender cable.But it is working fine with pendrive even android phone,though because of MTP tv doesn't show every file.

Image is from internet.

samsung_ue40ku6000_03_l.jpg

a pendrive draws very little power,and your phone powers itself.. most likely your hdd is not getting enough power so it doesnt spin up. try getting a y cable so you can use 2 usb outputs to power it.. 

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Sagor said:

I post it both section because. not everyone go every section and my problem is related both section.
When i find my solution i will delete other thread.

Your threads were merged and moved to the Troubleshooting section.

Double posting isn't allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, Changis said:

a pendrive draws very little power,and your phone powers itself.. most likely your hdd is not getting enough power so it doesnt spin up. try getting a y cable so you can use 2 usb outputs to power it.. 

Can you minimum guaranty me?

I already buy one usb cable for this.

I ask for surety because of your suggestion i have to buy additional cable.

1 Y-cable & 1 USB extender.cable.

4 hours ago, Sagor said:

Can you minimum guaranty me?

I already buy one usb cable for this.

I ask for surety because of your suggestion i have to buy additional cable.

1 Y-cable & 1 USB extender.cable.

i can't guarantee anything without a proper inspection i'm afraid..
does the hard drive spin up when you plug it in? (does it make a sound?)
if it does, it's getting power but your tv doesn't recognize it..
if it doesn't make any sound, then it isn't getting enough power (assuming it works normally with a computer)

it may also be that your tv just doesn't support harddrives.. your manual will specify this and also what filesystems it accepts.. 

have you thought about using a nas or share to just stream the content to the tv over the network? 

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Changis said:

i can't guarantee anything without a proper inspection i'm afraid..
does the hard drive spin up when you plug it in? (does it make a sound?)
if it does, it's getting power but your tv doesn't recognize it..
if it doesn't make any sound, then it isn't getting enough power (assuming it works normally with a computer)

it may also be that your tv just doesn't support harddrives.. your manual will specify this and also what filesystems it accepts.. 

have you thought about using a nas or share to just stream the content to the tv over the network? 

It doesn't spin i guess but it's makes tiking sound (like when hdd dying)and lights up.

And it's perfectly works with pc both usb 2.0 & 3.0 port.

This tv differently support HDD.

What is nas?

Only way to streaming pc video to tv is Plex.

Plex doesn't support changing the aspect ratio and it doesn't play video without encode.Because of cheap router i guess.

7 hours ago, Sagor said:

It doesn't spin i guess but it's makes tiking sound (like when hdd dying)and lights up.

And it's perfectly works with pc both usb 2.0 & 3.0 port.

it sounds like it's not getting enough power.. trying to start and failing versus working fine on a computer

excerpt from the manual: (emphasis mine)

Spoiler

The TV may not be able to recognize the USB device or read the files
on the device if it is connected to the TV via a USB extension cable
● When connecting an external hard drive, use the USB (HDD) port. We recommend that you use an
external hard drive with its own power adapter.

If there are multiple USB devices connected to the TV, the TV might not be able to recognize some or
all the devices.
USB devices that use high-power input should be connect the USB [5V, 1A] port.
● The TV supports the FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file systems.

7 hours ago, Sagor said:

What is nas?

Only way to streaming pc video to tv is Plex.

Plex doesn't support changing the aspect ratio and it doesn't play video without encode.Because of cheap router i guess.

a NAS (or Network-attached storage) is basically a simple pc running 2 or more harddrives available on your network as network shares. some NAS also have the option of transcoding video for plex for instance. 

my brother has a top range model samsung tv, and it supports network shares so he can watch videos from his computer directly on the tv. it seems like a function that would be in the typical samsung smart tv OS, though yours might not have that option. 

also, as an alternative, you could get a raspberry pi and run kodi on it, though not sure how well it does with 4k... but a cheapo NUC or something running kodi should work just fine as well, though it is an extra cost. but you can get a very slick kiosk look out of it, like your own personalized on demand netflix

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Changis said:

it sounds like it's not getting enough power.. trying to start and failing versus working fine on a computer

excerpt from the manual: (emphasis mine)

Reveal hidden contents

The TV may not be able to recognize the USB device or read the files
on the device if it is connected to the TV via a USB extension cable
● When connecting an external hard drive, use the USB (HDD) port. We recommend that you use an
external hard drive with its own power adapter.

If there are multiple USB devices connected to the TV, the TV might not be able to recognize some or
all the devices.
USB devices that use high-power input should be connect the USB [5V, 1A] port.
● The TV supports the FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file systems.

a NAS (or Network-attached storage) is basically a simple pc running 2 or more harddrives available on your network as network shares. some NAS also have the option of transcoding video for plex for instance. 

my brother has a top range model samsung tv, and it supports network shares so he can watch videos from his computer directly on the tv. it seems like a function that would be in the typical samsung smart tv OS, though yours might not have that option. 

also, as an alternative, you could get a raspberry pi and run kodi on it, though not sure how well it does with 4k... but a cheapo NUC or something running kodi should work just fine as well, though it is an extra cost. but you can get a very slick kiosk look out of it, like your own personalized on demand netflix

OOO thank you for reminding me the apps.I just totally forgot it.

Apps name is 'Smart View'.

Now i can play untouched bluray from pc to tv flawlessly without any hassle.

BTW i didn't understand one thing why plex buffer when higher bitrate video were play on tv but samsung apps didn't?