Windows on a mac

A Silver

I don't own a mac or plan on ever owning one but I was wondering if it is possible to wipe the hard drive (or ssd) with something like DBAN and install windows. I don't mean by using BootCamp.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Yeah you can, but it's not recommended to do it

Technically speaking, a Mac is just a PC, so you can erase Mac OS install Windows on it, just launch Mac OS recovery from USB and format the Macintosh HD into MBR, then plug the USB of Windows in and install it.

But it's a hassle, because you need Windows drivers for Apple-certified hardwares (most of them are not the same as your typical Windows laptop hardware), if you forgot to download it before uninstalling Mac OS you need to go to another computer and download it. Also if you want to reinstall Mac OS you need to borrow a Mac PC, download the OS on the App Store and make a bootable USB - extreme pain in the fucking ass (though you can do it beforehand).

So there's definitely no point in uninstalling Mac OS and installing Windows on it, just use boot camp if you want Windows

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Yes you should do it but at Wings said, its not recommended. Don't see even a BIT of change between PC and Mac. Mac is just a computer running MacOS and term PC is universal; Linux, MSDOS,Windows, No OS and a lot more. Normally, normies use term PC for windows and Mac for iMac or whatever.Laptops are the same.

I am very sorry to spice up the chat (If I did) but I just wanted to write here sone misconceptions ppl have so you or future guys don't confuse. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

Ignoring any warranty or "what's advisable" thoughts, make sure you use the Boot Camp assistant before hand at the very least so you can download the proper hardware drivers. Otherwise you might find yourself in some trouble.