Is use of AiO forbidden here

I want to liquid cool my GPU, but i dont want to go through the long process of a custom water loop. I have narrowed my choice down to a NZXT Kraken G12 bracket for the GPU and a Corsair H55 AiO to cool the processor. Any experience doing this setup?

AIOs are great! Go for it.

What AIO for the GPU?

Two H55s?

Nevermind. I realize now that you want a G12 + H55 only for your GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

I want to liquid cool my GPU, but i dont want to go through the long process of a custom water loop. I have narrowed my choice down to a NZXT Kraken G12 bracket for the GPU and a Corsair H55 AiO to cool the processor. Any experience doing this setup?

Why would it be forbidden? 

Correct me if i am mistaken, doesnt Corsair have their own mounting solution for a gpu with their AIO coolers?

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

2 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Why would it be forbidden? 

Correct me if i am mistaken, doesnt Corsair have their own mounting solution for a gpu with their AIO coolers?

i am not sure? also forbidden because ive seen hard headed "cutsom loop only" people around here

Yes go for it! AIO cooling gives good results and is simple enough. Just make sure that the bracket is compatible with the card you have and the AIO you plan to use. 

3 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

i am not sure? also forbidden because ive seen hard headed "cutsom loop only" people around here

Dont know what GPU u got but it seems corsairs solution is not out of the box compatible with 10xx cards. 

here is a quick guide for 10xx cards http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2441-diy-gtx-1080-hybrid-thermals-100-percent-lower-higher-oc-room

as to AMD i have no idea i only know that its compatible iwth 290/290x.

But short answer: AIO with GPU is a great way to coold your GPU without spending a lot on full loop.

Go for it, though i wouldnt recommend it if you have a good aftermarket cooling solution on your card. (for reference cards its absolutely a good idea)

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

if you want to, this forum falls under canadian law, and as far as i know canada is a free country ;)

that said, there's a rather small amount of people that would tell you such a gpu bracket is a good idea, because it leaves the vram and more importantly the VRMs with mediocre cooling. it will give you much better temperatures, because it watercools the thing that reads out the temperatures (aka the GPU die), but dont expect mindblowing overclocking results or super quiet operation.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you want to, this forum falls under canadian law, and as far as i know canada is a free country ;)

that said, there's a rather small amount of people that would tell you such a gpu bracket is a good idea, because it leaves the vram and more importantly the VRMs with mediocre cooling. it will give you much better temperatures, because it watercools the thing that reads out the temperatures (aka the GPU die), but dont expect mindblowing overclocking results or super quiet operation.

well the G12 has VRM cooling so that should be fine.

6 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Dont know what GPU u got but it seems corsairs solution is not out of the box compatible with 10xx cards. 

here is a quick guide for 10xx cards http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2441-diy-gtx-1080-hybrid-thermals-100-percent-lower-higher-oc-room

as to AMD i have no idea i only know that its compatible iwth 290/290x.

But short answer: AIO with GPU is a great way to coold your GPU without spending a lot on full loop.

Go for it, though i wouldnt recommend it if you have a good aftermarket cooling solution on your card. (for reference cards its absolutely a good idea)

yea i have a blower style thats pretty bad

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

Go for it, cheap and very very effective way of improving your blower style fan :) 

1 minute ago, NovaMan01 said:

Dont know how much you want to spend or if you already have some of those two components, but there are already full AIO waterblocks available like the alphacool eiswolf gpx pro aio.

6 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

well the G12 has VRM cooling so that should be fine.

this is not always true!

there are cases that the VRM's are on the other side of the GPU die. 

example gtx 970 from evga: CLICK HERE ( yes i'm amazing at paint i know)

anyway, no it's not forbidden lol go for it! it's a great and simple setup that looks clean as well.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

3 hours ago, mmm273 said:

Why you want AIO when you have hybrid GPU ?

? What do you mean. I have a MSI GTX 1070 Aero OC Edition

I dont know but at your profile is -EVGA - GTX 1070 8GB FTW HYBRID

If you have that MSI, you can get NZXT G10/12 and cheapest AIO you found compatible (for me it was H55 + Noctua Fan) Also some heatsing for VRM )