What are the best case fans currently on the market ?

Damianos

I'm looking to buy myself 2 fans (1 on side as intake and 1 at top as exhaust) and I'm wondering what are the best ones to take ?

I need only airflow fans since nothing is blocking the air from cooling. In case it matters, my case is Fractal Design Define R5 (http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r5-black-window) so only 120/140mm fans is what I can install.

No such thing as "best".

You need to decide if you want noise, performance, looks, PWM, etc.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh yeah, apologies for that.

Only performance, don't care about the looks (although it would be better if they would be black color to go with the case), don't mind not having the PWM as even at the max RPM I can't hear anything through my headphones.

15 minutes ago, Damianos said:

Oh yeah, apologies for that.

Only performance, don't care about the looks (although it would be better if they would be black color to go with the case), don't mind not having the PWM as even at the max RPM I can't hear anything through my headphones.

Then delta fans, there some with hundreds of CFM.

Sounds like a vacuum, but can't beat their performance.

PS - use the quote button when replying to someone

|

V

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Then delta fans, there some with hundreds of CFM.

Sounds like a vacuum, but can't beat their performance.

PS - use the quote button when replying to someone

|

V

Unfortunately there are no Delta fans  available in my country, any other brands ?

Just now, Damianos said:

Unfortunately there are no Delta fans  available in my country, any other brands ?

Noctua industrial PPC?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Noctua industrial PPC?

These are available but quite expensive :(

Anything cheaper ?

Spoiler

Scythe Slipstream 1900 rpm.

MSI Z270 SLI PLUS - 7600k 5.1GHz - Corsair LPX 3000MHz - G1 Gaming GTX1060 - Arctic LiquidFreezer 240 - Crucial m.2 275GB - WD 1TB - EVGA B3 750W - Segotep Lux - LG 34UC79 Curved - Redragon Yama - Redragon Hydra - Gigabyte WIFI 

Sound is provided by a Pioneer Amp from the 70s - if it's not broken, don't fix it.

On 8/14/2017 at 6:13 PM, Damianos said:

I'm looking to buy myself 2 fans (1 on side as intake and 1 at top as exhaust) and I'm wondering what are the best ones to take ?

I need only airflow fans since nothing is blocking the air from cooling. In case it matters, my case is Fractal Design Define R5 (http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r5-black-window) so only 120/140mm fans is what I can install.

Seeing as you've given so little detail about what you actually want in terms of price, performance and acoustics, I would suggest bloweymatron...

I'm quite happy with my Silent Wings 2. They are available in 140mm and 120mm. 1000rpm and 1500rpm respectively I believe.

I got a 140mm for my system, these are specifically airflow fans and do their job very well.

Thinking of getting two or three more myself, as another intake, exhaust and possibly to add to my CPU cooler.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/