How do you guys like this theoretical build?

I was just messing around with a powerful, MITX, RGB gaming/productivity build and I came up with this.

Remember prices are in Canadian Pesos. So what do you guys think? I kept it cheapish, but it packs a punch and it looks great! I think.

EDIT: Yeah I totally need a fan hub and some splitters.

You don't need a Firecuda, regular Barracuda is fine. 

Other than that, I can't nitpick anymore.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You don't need a Firecuda, regular Barracuda is fine. 

Other than that, I can't nitpick anymore.

Cool, I've heard that they are a bit faster, but since the SSD would be boot I guess the cache would be less effective. I'm not building this anyways, I was just messing around with a pretty build.

1 minute ago, Colexd said:

^yeah, and get a regular ssd if you want instead of a m.2

I thought for the productivity part that the much faster m.2 would be beneficial. Am I mistaken? I don't know much about video editing but I thought drive speed was a biggy.

Just now, BLOOGa said:

Cool, I've heard that they are a bit faster, but since the SSD would be boot I guess the cache would be less effective. I'm not building this anyways, I was just messing around with a pretty build.

I thought for the productivity part that the much faster m.2 would be beneficial. Am I mistaken? I don't know much about video editing but I thought drive speed was a biggy.

For video editng an NVME helps a lot. The m.2 helps

stop with the firecuda, go for hdd

@seagate_surfer might be here soon to promote their firecuda and say it's as good as a SSD

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

@seagate_surfer might be here soon to promote their firecuda and say it's as good as a SSD

Classic seagate

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

For video editng an NVME helps a lot. The m.2 helps

M.2 is the form factor, it has nothing to do with how good a drive is. An m.2 SSD is not inherently faster than a 2.5" drive.

OP- Motherboard is overpriced. Get a nice B350 ITX board and save some money. RAM is pretty overpriced too. I'd get a Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX instead of the Fractal case. SSHD is a waste of money. Grab a 2TB HDD and save some money. If you're going to benefit from NVMe, youd know it. It's only beneficial if you're doing lots of video editing, especially high resolution editing. No need for a 650W PSU. 500-550W would be fine. Those fans aren't very good. You can get quieter, better performing fans for less and just use an RGB LED strips for LEDs. Also $3k is far from cheap lmao

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

16 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

M.2 is the form factor, it has nothing to do with how good a drive is. An m.2 SSD is not inherently faster than a 2.5" drive.

I was referring to the drive op has, and it was an m.2 

On 8/12/2017 at 9:54 PM, JDE said:

On 8/12/2017 at 11:06 PM, xDyl said:

Classic seagate

Nowhere in our posts do we claim that the FireCuda SSHD is as good as an SSD. We even share charts in our posts which show the drive's performance is not the same as SSD. We suggest the FireCuda when a user wants some of the benefit of SSD but cannot/is having trouble finding room for one in their budget, or simply doesn't want to spend the money going with a full SSD when their needs don't require it. We are simply educating on our available options so that users can make informed decisions.

Edited by seagate_surfer
fixed a typo

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 8/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, Sanctorum said:

OP- Motherboard is overpriced. Get a nice B350 ITX board and save some money. RAM is pretty overpriced too. I'd get a Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX instead of the Fractal case. SSHD is a waste of money. Grab a 2TB HDD and save some money. If you're going to benefit from NVMe, youd know it. It's only beneficial if you're doing lots of video editing, especially high resolution editing. No need for a 650W PSU. 500-550W would be fine. Those fans aren't very good. You can get quieter, better performing fans for less and just use an RGB LED strips for LEDs. Also $3k is far from cheap lmao

I know that M.2 drives aren't automatically faster, but most are because the NVME protocol supports much higher bandwidth than SATA6. This particular drive is MUCH faster. I got the RAM because it was RGB(You did see that in the title right?), if I wanted cheap, I would go with Team Vulcan. I went with Fractal because of its smaller size and better airflow. I've heard that SSHDs are faster, but I forgot that it was primarily because frequently accessed boot-related data could be put onto the flash section. But since I have a separate boot drive, I concede that it's a waste. Yes those aren't the best fans, but as it says in the title; RGB. And again, as I said in the OP: prices are in CAD. 

53 minutes ago, BLOOGa said:

I know that M.2 drives aren't automatically faster, but most are because the NVME protocol supports much higher bandwidth than SATA6. This particular drive is MUCH faster.

It's unlikely to benefit you. You could get a 500GB 850 EVO for $110 less and it'll more than likely be perfectly adequate for you.

54 minutes ago, BLOOGa said:

I got the RAM because it was RGB(You did see that in the title right?), if I wanted cheap, I would go with Team Vulcan.

It's still over priced, or at least it was when I posted because TridentZ RGB was more than $15 less. I'd still get TridentZ RGB over Vengeance RGB, and TridentZ is still slightly cheaper anyway;

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qjM323/gskill-trident-z-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr3-3000-memory-f4-3000c16d-16gtzr

57 minutes ago, BLOOGa said:

Yes those aren't the best fans, but as it says in the title; RGB. And again, as I said in the OP: prices are in CAD. 

Okay, but as I said;

"just use an RGB LED strips for LEDs"

Plus, you already have RGB RAM and on the AIO. There's no point paying more for worse performing fans just because they have RGB, it's just stupid and a waste of money. It'd be like buying a GTX 1060 3GB instead of a GTX 1070 because the 3GB 1060 has RGB LEDs but the 1070 doesn't. Also, $3k CAD is still a significant budget.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

1 hour ago, BLOOGa said:

I know that M.2 drives aren't automatically faster, but most are because the NVME protocol supports much higher bandwidth than SATA6. This particular drive is MUCH faster.

won't benefit you unless you are intense video editor

1 hour ago, BLOOGa said:

I got the RAM because it was RGB

overpriced, trident z is cheaper

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.