Help me please

So here is my situation:

My parents are divorced and I have 2 homes. I need a better gaming pc or gaming laptop so I can actually play games like they are meant to be. However, I don't want to drop a load of money on a laptop that I can't upgrade. But I don't have a huge budget to build a mini itx system to move between houses. Plus my budget isn't big enough to get a PC for each house. So I don't know what to do and I could really use some help. 

I wouldn't build two PCs, that just seems really wasteful.  They might not be ideal, but I would still suggest the semi-portable mini-ITX system option, or better yet, the gaming laptop.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

my friends are in the same boat and they just leave their pc at one house and they alternate every day so they can live one day without their pc. lately they bought a laptop not super high end but enough to play some games like league, csgo, osu etc

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wouldn't build two PCs, that just seems really wasteful.  They might not be ideal, but I would still suggest the semi-portable mini-ITX system option, or better yet, the gaming laptop.

Thanks man 

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

my friends are in the same boat and they just leave their pc at one house and they alternate every day so they can live one day without their pc. lately they bought a laptop not super high end but enough to play some games like league, csgo, osu etc

I might try that 

Just now, barisaxyman said:

Thanks man 

It comes down to what is more important, extreme portability, or price.  The laptop will be by far the most mobile, but if you can deal with carrying the case and monitor and all the rest around with you, you will of course get more performance for your dollar with a desktop build, and be able to upgrade it too.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If your budget is in the 200$ or less range their are a lot of small form factor dells out their that are cheap as dirt and can be turned into suitable AAA gaming rigs with a gt 1030 and maybe a CPU swap. I got a 775 socket model a couple months ago for just 25$ kited out with 4gb of ram. If I were to swap out the core 2 duo for a q6600 and slap in a gt 1030 it would be a small form factor beast for around 100$. Check your local thrift stores and Craigslist. Their are a ton of these floating around. Good luck. 

14 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

If your budget is in the 200$ or less range their are a lot of small form factor dells out their that are cheap as dirt and can be turned into suitable AAA gaming rigs with a gt 1030 and maybe a CPU swap. I got a 775 socket model a couple months ago for just 25$ kited out with 4gb of ram. If I were to swap out the core 2 duo for a q6600 and slap in a gt 1030 it would be a small form factor beast for around 100$. Check your local thrift stores and Craigslist. Their are a ton of these floating around. Good luck. 

Will do, thank you so much 

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It comes down to what is more important, extreme portability, or price.  The laptop will be by far the most mobile, but if you can deal with carrying the case and monitor and all the rest around with you, you will of course get more performance for your dollar with a desktop build, and be able to upgrade it too.

Yea, I just need to figure out what I prioritize