Getting a new phone, how to test it?

getting a galaxy note 3 3g version
any tips on how to test it ?
like screen battery etc

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Use it? Besides that I don't think you can "test" a phone. 

Edit: you can use like a benchmarking program to see how it compares to others with quadrant standard but it will only show you scores. Just use it in a variety of ways to test it, like heavy use and light use for battery life and use it in different places to see how camera and screen looks in those areas.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Yeah just use it dude.

Test it by doing things fast like going into a app getting out quickly and getting back in.

Zooming in and out rapidly to see any stutter...

OH!One thing when you get it first go into the settings click "More" go to about device and tap a lot on where it says build number.

That'll activate developer mode and go in there and go down until you see window transition and animator duration and set that to off it will remove the animations and all that weird stuff when getting in and out of application it looks better and is faster.

Ive got a note 3 (N9005) and I tried to benchmark it of 3d mark and a few others but they were ridiculously high because as you may know manufacturers 'cheat' in benchmarks.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Yeah just use it dude.

Test it by doing things fast like going into a app getting out quickly and getting back in.

Zooming in and out rapidly to see any stutter...

OH!One thing when you get it first go into the settings click "More" go to about device and tap a lot on where it says build number.

That'll activate developer mode and go in there and go down until you see window transition and animator duration and set that to off it will remove the animations and all that weird stuff when getting in and out of application it looks better and is faster.

Thanks!!! Its much snappier now. Already had developer mode but never really used anything. Also turn off double tap for svoice becuase it waits for another tap when you single tap to go into svoice so if you turn it off It doesn't have to wait and less lag in between switching screens.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Thanks!!! Its much snappier now. Already had developer mode but never really used anything. Also turn off double tap for svoice becuase it waits for another tap when you single tap to go into svoice so if you turn it off It doesn't have to wait and less lag in between switching screens.

Lol yeah it speeds it up quite a bit I have s voice disabled the always polling for that extra tap.

And also the sound when you tap on things and haptic feedback are you on power saving?

i'm guessing there will never be a google play version of the Note 3...?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Lol yeah it speeds it up quite a bit I have s voice disabled the always polling for that extra tap.

And also the sound when you tap on things and haptic feedback are you on power saving?

Nah those little things are on but power saving mode is on. I turned it on once and never really decided to turn it off.

this is beast i didn't know until now thanks makes a huge difference can i turn it off again tho?    thanks!! :D

If you want to test how strong the screen is drop it from about chest height straight face down on concrete  :P

Of course don't do that but to test battery you could watch a couple of Linus' videos a day!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

this is beast i didn't know until now thanks makes a huge difference can i turn it off again tho?    thanks!! :D

If you mean turn it on again yes you can just go into svoice app then settings and check the box.