Hussy2
23 minutes ago, Hussy2 said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Qvqbt6/benq-zowie-xl2735-dark-grey-27-144hz-1ms-gtg-e-sports-gaming-monitor This monitor is around

$900 AUD (713 USD) and is TN, 1440p and 144hz, I wouldn't pay that much, but i found it for $450 AUD (357 USD) but it's an ex-demo with

12 months of warranty, i wanted to get this monitor because of its cheap price for what it brings, but i only have a 970 and i7 4790k, would i be

able to play at 1440p? I am planning on upgrading my GPU when volta releases.

You'd be able to play 1440p but not at 144hz refresh rate, I'm not able to maintain that in most games on my 1080p 144hz monitor (depending on the game, I'm mostly refering to AAA titles) (same CPU and GPU) but if oyu play less visually demanding games you might be able to get the 144hz out of it at that resolution.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Anything that runs good in 1080p should run well at 60%-75% Render scale for games with that option.
Looks a lot better than 1080 scaled fullscreen and in action games isn't very noticeable from 1440p especially at framerates over 60.

I think you'll be okay. 60@1440 isn't THAT difficult, as long as you're willing to compromise on some of the settings. Volta's less than a year away so you won't have long to wait if your framerate ends up being less stellar than you'd love.