Pc emulators?

Nalgasp3ludas

Theres been a bunch of hype recently about a nintendo emu. Its called Cemu I think. Theres also a ps3 emulator but forgot the name. Has someone tried one? I cant try it myself right now since my laptop fried.

When I purchase another laptop Ill definetely see if Jak 3 works (best ps3 game ever) on the ps emu. Also Im very excited for the cemu because zelda :)

3 minutes ago, Teejo said:

Theres been a bunch of hype recently about a nintendo emu. Its called Cemu I think. Theres also a ps3 emulator but forgot the name. Has someone tried one? I cant try it myself right now since my laptop fried.

When I purchase another laptop Ill definetely see if Jak 3 works (best ps3 game ever) on the ps emu. Also Im very excited for the cemu because zelda :)

Emulators have been around for ages. You'll likely struggle to emulate newer games/consoles, as they're very immature and not very optimized--at all. There are people with multi-thousand dollar machines that only get 30FPS in Breath of the Wild on CEMU. The PlayStation 3 emulator you're talking about is PCSX3, which also has a PlayStation 2 variant, PCSX2. They work for the most part, but they're (usually) pretty demanding of the hardware, especially for accurate emulation, and can still produce unusual behavior.

Is there a gran turismo 5/6 emulator

SPECS:

i5 6400

Asus H110i-PLUS

Kingston 8GB RAM

HyperX 3K 120GB SSD

Western Digital Black 320GB HDD

Corsair RM550x

Fractal Design Nano S

3 minutes ago, Jade said:

Emulators have been around for ages. You'll likely struggle to emulate newer games/consoles, as they're very immature and not very optimized--at all. There are people with multi-thousand dollar machines that only get 30FPS in Breath of the Wild on CEMU. The PlayStation 3 emulator you're talking about is PCSX3, which also has a PlayStation 2 variant, PCSX2. They work for the most part, but they're (usually) pretty demanding of the hardware, especially for accurate emulation, and can still produce unusual behavior.

Breath of the wild just got updated and it runs much better from what Ive seen on youtube. Theres people playing with a gtx 980m with good fps. They also do something with cheat engine to fix lag

1 minute ago, Teejo said:

Breath of the wild just got updated and it runs much better from what Ive seen on youtube. Theres people playing with a gtx 980m with good fps. They also do something with cheat engine to fix lag

Link? It's extremely unlikely Breath of the Wild got an update that improved CEMU's performance... it was probably CEMU that got the update. As for Cheat Engine, it can't magically fix lag. The bottleneck in emulation is primarily CPU performance.

Cemu runs MK8 with 1080p textures and HD Shadows at 60fps locked with controller input working.

idk

I humbly submit zophar.net for your emulator information.  Page has been around for 15 years+.

Its the 1.8 update. Theres also a xenoblade chronicles being played on laptop with stable framerates just incase your interested

Haven't we ruled that emulation is for the most part not an allowed subject because you need pirated roms? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

35 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Haven't we ruled that emulation is for the most part not an allowed subject because you need pirated roms? 

As far as I'm aware, no, as long as discussion of how & where to obtain the software (ROMs, BIOS', etc, depending on what is being emulated) isn't present. Speaking strictly about the software (read: X application exists for Y purpose) should be allowed.

If it is against the rules, I think it might be time for Linus & crew to start discussing why they continue to produce videos (Hackintosh was the last big one, this could be a second based on the arcade cabinet) that break the forum's rules.

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You don't need to pirate ROMs.

Rip them from the fucking source and keep it to yourself and you're perfectly within the law.

idk

14 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Rip them from the fucking source and keep it to yourself and you're perfectly within the law.

This isn't true in all countries. In the US it is a grey area to even make a copy for personal use.

The thing with emulators of newer systems is they're typically optimized only for certain games to try to make them work rather than doing work that would improve everything. Though it's likely that any improvements they make to get that game running should help others, but at the same time, it could also be using game specific hacks.

So chances are, unless the game you wanted to play is/was really popular, it's likely to have weak support for it.

1 hour ago, Droidbot said:

Also some ROM collections on Steam and such contain emulator compatible ROMs without encryption.  So, as an example, here in Canada, since I'm not bypassing any encryption, if I extract the ROMs from the Sega Genesis collection I bought on Steam and use them on my Raspberry Pi, that's just format shifting of the data and it's legal here in Canada.

And yeah, you could dump your own ROMs or discs too.  Keeping in mind that for both the US and Canada, format shifting that involves defeating encryption or protection schemes is still considered a form of copyright violation.

3 hours ago, Droidbot said:

in most places yes, in some places no. im pretty sure in the EU you are alowed copies kept to yourself but the US im not too sure. there is also like, nobody that does this anyway.

4 hours ago, Jade said:

As far as I'm aware, no, as long as discussion of how & where to obtain the software (ROMs, BIOS', etc, depending on what is being emulated) isn't present. Speaking strictly about the software (read: X application exists for Y purpose) should be allowed.

If it is against the rules, I think it might be time for Linus & crew to start discussing why they continue to produce videos (Hackintosh was the last big one, this could be a second based on the arcade cabinet) that break the forum's rules.

the videos /= forum. emulation has been sortof in the grey because nobody really does it in a leagal way but you are allowed to general discussion of the topic. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the videos /= forum. emulation has been sortof in the grey because nobody really does it in a leagal way but you are allowed to general discussion of the topic. 

I'm aware, but they shouldn't produce content that is posted on these exact forums, then delete topics that behave exactly as their own videos and content did. The arcade cabinet video did talk about the emulators they used, but not how they got their "legally obtained software." I'd wager that at least 3/4 of all emulation related posts that get removed end up being removed because they're discussing how to break the law/infringe on copyrights, not because they were talking about emulation. Emulation is (usually) completely legal (unless the emulator itself is infringing copyrights), obtaining the copyrighted content to emulate it, however, is where the waters get muddied.

Is there any pc gamer that buys all his/her games? Many of us have torrented something atleast once. Even the big guys... 

7 hours ago, Teejo said:

Is there any pc gamer that buys all his/her games? Many of us have torrented something atleast once. Even the big guys... 

"I broke the law once" isn't justification to do it again. And yeah, there's plenty of people who've never acquired a copy of any game illegitimately (I have, not saying me). Any game that piques my interest enough to pirate it is probably a game I'll purchase... only exception is if it runs poorly (without a fix) on more than capable hardware.

1 hour ago, Jade said:

"I broke the law once" isn't justification to do it again. And yeah, there's plenty of people who've never acquired a copy of any game illegitimately (I have, not saying me). Any game that piques my interest enough to pirate it is probably a game I'll purchase... only exception is if it runs poorly (without a fix) on more than capable hardware.

Yeah me too. I pirate alot but also buy alot of games 

20 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Becase people still do that 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

Cemu is a pain in the ass to run because the first time you play through any new area it stutters like crazy while building the texture cache. RPCS3 is just unusable period from what I have seen. Everything PS2 and earlier has good emulators though, as does Wii + Gamecube. Cemu is making huge improvements though and doing it quickly, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it be a rock solid Wii-U emulator within a couple of years.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Cemu is a pain in the ass to run because the first time you play through any new area it stutters like crazy while building the texture cache. RPCS3 is just unusable period from what I have seen. Everything PS2 and earlier has good emulators though, as does Wii + Gamecube. Cemu is making huge improvements though and doing it quickly, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it be a rock solid Wii-U emulator within a couple of years.

You can download pre-done textures for different games.