Good PC Build for FH3???

Hey all,

I've been playing FH3 and have noticed that my current system is really taking a beating in this game. This is the most intense game I play. I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade. I currently have an 850w seasonic psu, an h100i GTX w/ sp120s-so cooling is not an issue-, and I have a corsair 600c. I have ddr4 2133 16GB(2x8GB) and ddr3 1600 16GB (2x4GB, 1x8GB) and will sell whichever set I do not use.

I only need a GPU, mobo, and CPU. I have a pretty tight budget of $500, and WILL buy used on eBay, unless it's cheaper on newegg/amazon/jet/etc. I would also appreciate any help on NVidia/amd. I do not want a gtx 970, as that was my last card and it performed below my expectations. I would prefer an overclockable CPU if possible, and I will list my old specs below for a reference of what I have.
CPU: xeon X5660 @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x58 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SUPERCLOCKED

note: I have a pcie x1 soundcard, make sure motherboard has slot for it!!!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks

See if you can grab yourself a used GTX 980 and 4790K for under $500. But yes FH3 is a very demanding game, when it came out it was terribly unoptimized, but now it's pretty good. I play it at 4K ultra settings right now and it just sucks VRAM, like 6.5gb. But hey I get about 90fps on 4K ultra so I'm happy.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

See if you can grab yourself a used GTX 980 and 4790K for under $500. But yes FH3 is a very demanding game, when it came out it was terribly unoptimized, but now it's pretty good. I play it at 4K ultra settings right now and it just sucks VRAM, like 6.5gb. But hey I get about 90fps on 4K ultra so I'm happy.

What is your GPU(s)?

Just now, Rallenhayestime said:

What is your GPU(s)?

Single 1080 ti and a 4790K at 4.7ghz

Forza needs fast ram, my 980 Ti handles FH3 fine with 4K 60FPS High or 1440P 60FPS Ultra. I'd upgrade your video card first and see the difference, upgrading from my i5 to i7 didn't really improve FPS a lot. However, upgrading from 2400 to 3600MHZ ram did...

1 minute ago, Bubblewhale said:

Forza needs fast ram, my 980 Ti handles FH3 fine with 4K 60FPS High or 1440P 60FPS Ultra. I'd upgrade your video card first and see the difference, upgrading from my i5 to i7 didn't really improve FPS a lot. However, upgrading from 2400 to 3600MHZ ram did...

Yeah this is true, it also sucks a lot of RAM. I wan't to say like 8-9gb

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

really don't want to spend a lot on RAM, but I want to upgrade CPUs anyway because mine is outdated, it's the equivalent of an i7 980x.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yeah this is true, it also sucks a lot of RAM. I wan't to say like 8-9gb

Thankfully game runs better since the Hot Wheels update...bought use of more threads now instead of one.  

18 minutes ago, Rallenhayestime said:

Hey all,

I've been playing FH3 and have noticed that my current system is really taking a beating in this game. This is the most intense game I play. I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade. I currently have an 850w seasonic psu, an h100i GTX w/ sp120s-so cooling is not an issue-, and I have a corsair 600c. I have ddr4 2133 16GB(2x8GB) and ddr3 1600 16GB (2x4GB, 1x8GB) and will sell whichever set I do not use.

I only need a GPU, mobo, and CPU. I have a pretty tight budget of $500, and WILL buy used on eBay, unless it's cheaper on newegg/amazon/jet/etc. I would also appreciate any help on NVidia/amd. I do not want a gtx 970, as that was my last card and it performed below my expectations. I would prefer an overclockable CPU if possible, and I will list my old specs below for a reference of what I have.
CPU: xeon X5660 @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x58 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SUPERCLOCKED

note: I have a pcie x1 soundcard, make sure motherboard has slot for it!!!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks

Go for the used market for the GPU at try to get a 980 Ti (or a cheap 980).

For CPU, either go again for the used market of i7 or more recent Xeons (but they cost a lot), or invest a bit on a Ryzen 5

really don't want to spend a lot on RAM, but I want to upgrade CPUs anyway because mine is outdated, it's the equivalent of an i7 980x.

4.4GHZ X5660 is like stock i7 2600 single threaded, but I suggest upgrading your graphics card first. Friend of mine has a 4690K and 970, struggles to run it at 1080P High 60FPS

1 minute ago, Bubblewhale said:

4.4GHZ X5660 is like stock i7 2600 single threaded, but I suggest upgrading your graphics card first. Friend of mine has a 4690K and 970, struggles to run it at 1080P High 60FPS

I get where you're coming from, but I want to upgrade to a newer platform for sata3 that isn't just 30MB/s faster than sata2.

I get where you're coming from, but I want to upgrade to a newer platform for sata3 that isn't just 30MB/s faster than sata2.

Sata Cards are a thing, but 1155 shouldn't cost more than 200 for a CPU+Mobo combo.