Canadian waterproof backpack/laptop bag company?

VerticalDiscussions

tumblr_n806cyCLM41rmu4qvo1_500.jpg

So folks, if you have read the title my question is simple: Do you know of any really great brands from Canada that make waterproof backpacks and or laptop bags (at least up to 17.5 inches laptops)?

Dont ask me why Canada... but i will answer if you ask.

Groomlake Authority

Are you asking for Canadian brands, or Canadian brands made in Canada?

I don't know if Roots still exists, but they're a Canadian Brand, and usually make good quality stuff. Everything they made used to be made in Canada, but that's long since changed.

I don't know of any specifically Canadian brand that offers what you want. When shopping for that kind of gear, I generally look at Swiss Gear first, then companies like Targus, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

-snip-

Yeah it was the 2nd option. Alright, i will look around the brands you mentioned :D.

Groomlake Authority

How waterproof are we talking? Like exterior protection, or straight up "I dropped my bag in the lake," type of protection?

I doubt you'll find something made specifically in Canada, but Canadian Tire offers some options (Targus) and their brands (Woods, Outbound) that I know have waterproof/water-resistant exteriors, and some other hiking-style backpacks that have certain waterproof compartments (not sure on size for laptop purposes though).

Staples also has some options; the bag I bought for my laptop a few years ago has a coating on it that has shaken off some drips and spills. I can't go throwing it in the pool or anything but it's nice to have. Outside of that, I know some people that have found bags they like and just coated them with something like Never Wet. 

If you're after like full protection, that sounds like something a little harder to find and much more expensive.

3 hours ago, divito said:

-snip-

Yeah indeed, i was looking forward the option of dropping onto a lake, just not too deep and possibly save it while there.

Dalekphalm showed some pretty good brands, but true waterproof so far i have only seen from backpacks that are either really huge and costly or it has to be hardshells like the Pelican 1495.

Didnt knew about that Never Wet, but i suppose a hydrophobic coating on an already water resistant bag would be great.

I will check the brands you have mentioned, thanks.

Groomlake Authority