Best budget AM4 cooler?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
10 minutes ago, mail929 said:

I believe the CM Hyper 212 Evo is now available to AM4 and it's pretty much the best for the money.

He will need to buy the AM4 upgrade kit:

http://www.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-ryzen-compatability/en/#am4-compatiblity-list

So I was going to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, but I realised that AM3+ cpu coolers are not compatible with AM4. What cooler would you suggest for AM4 at a similar price range (max $50)?

I believe the CM Hyper 212 Evo is now available to AM4 and it's pretty much the best for the money.

10 minutes ago, SarcasticSheep said:

So I was going to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, but I realised that AM3+ cpu coolers are not compatible with AM4. What cooler would you suggest for AM4 at a similar price range (max $50)?

I would say stock, but thats just me.

stock wraith cooler unless you got a 1700x or 1800x  some of the am4 boards have am3 holes for backplate compatibility

Cryorig M9a. (may have to order support bracket from cryorig if it's not included, but with proof of purchase it should be free.)

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

10 minutes ago, mail929 said:

He will need to buy the AM4 upgrade kit:

http://www.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-ryzen-compatability/en/#am4-compatiblity-list

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Unless you buy cpus without stock coolers (1800x...) then you don't even need an aftermarket cooler

1 hour ago, TheCatShuriken said:

I dunno about the Wraith, but personally I find the stock Spire cooler a little too loud for my tastes. - Its still miles ahead of other stock coolers. And I can easily say its better then some aftermarket coolers I used back in the early 2000s.

But my PC at idle is practically silent without the Spire's fan so.

Just now, Sypran said:

I dunno about the Wraith, but personally I find the stock Spire cooler a little too loud for my tastes. - Its still miles ahead of other stock coolers. But my PC at idle is practically silent without the Spire's fan so.

I'm using the wraith right now with my 1500x, its great. Its audible, of course, but its not too much if your wearing headphones. 

1 hour ago, Loot said:

stock wraith cooler unless you got a 1700x or 1800x  some of the am4 boards have am3 holes for backplate compatibility

a single board

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Also, might just be me here, as someone who loves the stock cooler, but if you do decide for stock, which I highly recommend you do, keep in mind you will need to screw it in, which can be tricky the first time. Alternatively, if your using a not stock cooler, you will need to apply thermal paste, and if you dont know what your doing, that can be bad, and also costs money for extra thermal, while stock cooler has it allready (though I will say the stock thermal on the 1500x was a bit too much and made a bit of a mess...

9 hours ago, TheCatShuriken said:

I've heard that the stock isn't great for over locking, and that's what I'm going to be doing. I'm getting the 1400, which is wraith stealth, and that is small and doesn't offer much. This is why I'm thinking of an aftermarket cooler.

7 hours ago, TheCatShuriken said:

Also, might just be me here, as someone who loves the stock cooler, but if you do decide for stock, which I highly recommend you do, keep in mind you will need to screw it in, which can be tricky the first time. Alternatively, if your using a not stock cooler, you will need to apply thermal paste, and if you dont know what your doing, that can be bad, and also costs money for extra thermal, while stock cooler has it allready (though I will say the stock thermal on the 1500x was a bit too much and made a bit of a mess...

I'll remember this whenever I use stock?

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

This was really helpful. Cooler master, from what I've seen, offer budget coolers which are really damn powerful. I'll probably pick a cooler of this list. Thanks again ?