Random artifacts on new gpu

Sam5127

So I got my new rx 580 8gb about 2 weeks ago. I just uninstalled nvidia's drivers and installed the amd driver (didnt use DDU). So after 3 days of installing the gpu, i got pink artifacts all over the screen for half a second and they disappeared and everything kept working like normal. Few days after that I got pink artifacts on my screen while browsing reddit, same thing happened appeared for half a second and then disappeared. And 2 days ago, I got artifacts again while doing, cant remember what. So I wanted to ask if this a driver issue or should I return the gpu? Cause I ran several benchmarks and artifacts didnt appear in those. Temps are fine too, gpu core remains avg 75c under load and 78c max

I returned a 480 for a 1060 in the other rig last year because of AMD drivers being awful after the fury series for OpenGL. Probably unrelated, but I read artifacting and mentally "are they using an AMD card?"

I'd RMA to be sure it wasn't driver related.

1.) Try again with DDU this time

2.) I encountered artifacts (pink ones and similar to ones you described) that were caused by unstable RAM, not graphics card related.

3.) But since you did GPU upgrade the RAM option is very unlikely. So try option 1 and then RMA if it won't work.