dual 1070 or 1080ti

107x

currently rocking 6700k and msi 1070, i have a 1440p 165hz 1ms g-sync monitor, looking to get true 165hz on ultra-high but mostly ultra, should i opt for another 1070 or a 1080ti everything will be put on water and a red/black theme is what my build is so idk much about getting the poseidon, any suggestions are appreciated

1 minute ago, 107x said:

currently rocking 6700k and msi 1070, i have a 1440p 165hz 1ms g-sync monitor, looking to get true 165hz on ultra-high but mostly ultra, should i opt for another 1070 or a 1080ti everything will be put on water and a red/black theme is what my build is so idk much about getting the poseidon, any suggestions are appreciated

what games do you play?

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

It's always better to get the single most powerful graphics card that you can. Less power consumption and more space and less money (depending on the 1070 models that you choose)

2 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

what games do you play?

some mobo's cs/overwatch, arma 3, bf, dayz, gmod, rs6, tomb raider, gta, division, and various driving games. But either way im upgrading

10 minutes ago, 107x said:

1080Ti, as SLI is broken AF

Well I have 1080ti SLI which is only because I'm going to buy a 144Hz 4K monitor at some point.

SLI scaling is a bit meh I'm only getting like a 60-80% increase and GPU. Usage sometimes just hovers around 80% even when it could push more frames.

Plus not everything supports SLI in the first place.

Id recommend the 1080ti over SLI

1080ti. I've wrote essays on this subject at this point haha. It's really dependent on the games you play. some will scale amazingly and others won't in some cases the other card won't be used or worsen performance from what I've seen. Other than better performance there can be downsides. more power consumed, more heat produced, more sound, compatibility, etc. The rule typically is to choose one more powerful card over two weaker cards. if you truly want your build to last you can add another down the line if need be. I recommend the 1080ti and it shall serve you for quite some time and can be a great card for video editing and gaming at 4k.