Would love some help choosing a laptop!

Hey so I have a bit of an issue here. I recently purchased a macbook pro 15in about a week ago and absolutely hate it. I'm getting a refund for it but now I need to figure out what to get as a replacement. So far I've narrowed it down to the Dell xps 15 9560 and the razer blade (I wanna say v6?). I am looking for something that can handle gaming on the go but also isn't horribly massive or hot. 4k is highly preferred which I guess is why I'm having an issue with this choice. Is it better to wait for the UHD version of the razer blade? Or should I just pull the trigger on the xps 15. I've really only heard good things about the xps but not sure how great the 1050 would be for gaming. What would you guys recommend? Any idea when this UHD razer blade is coming out anyway? Thanks for the help! 

Edit: If anyone has any recommendations for a good laptop between 2000-3000USD feel free to post them.

Edit 2: Looking for a gaming capable 4k ultrabook to be precise (sorry if that is the incorrect term).

4 minutes ago, Smusms said:

I have a bit of an issue here. I recently purchased a macbook pro 15in about a week ago

yup, i also had the same experience with the 2016 MacBook "pro" 15-inch. avoid Razer, they have quality issues, almost no after sales support, the xps 15 would the best option. 

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup, i also had the same experience with the 2016 MacBook "pro" 15-inch. avoid Razer, they have quality issues, almost no after sales support, the xps 15 would the best option. 

I have heard numerous horror stories about razer and their support but after how much linus raves about their blade I figured I would think about it.

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Everything is worse with dongles.From the list your provided the XPS 15 would be the best option as Razer is shit.What is your location and budget.There are other options from ASUS and MSI too.(and alienware )

My life

Just now, Smusms said:

linus raves about their blade I figured I would think about it.

from an engineering and build quality perspective i can tell you it's not a very well thought out laptop, it's built quite cheaply with numerous overheating issues, something that shouldn't happen for the price. 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Everything is worse with dongles.From the list your provided the XPS 15 would be the best option as Razer is shit.What is your location and budget.There are other options from ASUS and MSI too.(and alienware )

Golden Colorado and between 2400ish to 3100USD.

Just now, Smusms said:

Golden Colorado and between 2400ish to 3100USD.

If you want any Surface product would be good and you can play a lot of e-sports.

The AlienWare 17 is also a good bet.So is the ROG strix GL502.

Also the Gigabyte Aeros are pretty good.

My life

23 minutes ago, Smusms said:

Edit 2: Looking for a gaming capable 4k ultrabook to be precise (sorry if that is the incorrect term).

why not laptop+ desktop? 3k is more than enough for a decent laptop Dell Inspiron 7000 with a 1050ti and a powerful desktop. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

why not laptop+ desktop 

Already have an amazing desktop.

Gigabyte aero 15. I think is the best mix for you. Otherwise zen book pro 4k is nice. 

If you give 0 shits about battery, the Aorus X5 is good too. 

Xps15 s 1050 is too low power for me. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Just now, Smusms said:

Already have an amazing desktop.

Honestly just get something like the Aleinware 13 or a inspiron.there are better spots to waste monwy

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Honestly just get something like the Aleinware 13 or a inspiron.there are better spots to waste monwy

See I'm looking more for a laptop that can handle gaming rather than a laptop meant for gaming. I will be using this on the go and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the weight of an alienware on my back all day if that makes any sense.

Just now, Smusms said:

See I'm looking more for a laptop that can handle gaming rather than a laptop meant for gaming. I will be using this on the go and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the weight of an alienware on my back all day if that makes any sense.

Inspiron.Alienware has gotten lighter though(or maybe i've gone crazy)

My life

4 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Gigabyte aero 15. I think is the best mix for you. Otherwise zen book pro 4k is nice. 

If you give 0 shits about battery, the Aorus X5 is good too. 

Xps15 s 1050 is too low power for me. 

That's the main issue I'm having with the xps. I would like at least a 1060 if possible.

1 minute ago, Smusms said:

snip

Aero 15, do you care about battery life 

Laptop Main

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Inspiron.Alienware has gotten lighter though(or maybe i've gone crazy)

Looks like the weight of the Alienware 17 is 9.74lbs

7 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Aero 15, do you care about battery life 

Slightly, I care more about performance but obviously I would rather have a 10hr battery for instance over a 3 hour one.

Considering the time frame I have and the fact I don't need a major gaming rig for the go I think I'm just gonna stick with the xps 15 after all the good reviews I have seen. Thank you everyone for the help!

Edit: Nevermind just looked at the difference between the 1050 and 1060 hahaha. What a difference.

2 hours ago, Smusms said:

Slightly, I care more about performance but obviously I would rather have a 10hr battery for instance over a 3 hour one.

aero 15 has 7 hours of battery

Laptop Main

All of the choices have been laid out pretty well already. If you don't care about battery life, my vote would be the Aorus X5 v7, which I would guess will get 2-4 hours of WiFi browsing on battery, depending on settings, and whether you pick the 3k or 4k screen version. It was just released, so you'll need to wait a week or two for reviews. Maybe the Aorus X5 MD if you can wait, but I wouldn't, as its release timeframe is uncertain, and Gigabyte/Aorus are terrible at sticking to deadlines. If you want more battery life, go for the Aero 15. If you feel like you're shelling out too much cash for a machine that isn't perfect for you, the Dell 7567 is a great budget option that gives you a lot of value for the price.