Best Cooler to Overclock??

The stock cooler should be fine, but I really like the Scythe Ashura, and don't underestimate its temps because it is an unheard company, unpopularity is actually better.

Just now, Vespertine said:

The stock cooler should be fine, but I really like the Scythe Ashura, and don't underestimate its temps because it is an unheard company, unpopularity is actually better.

that's the problem. 1600X doesn't come with stock cooling

NH-D14, Cryorig H7 or hyper 212(going from best to worst preformance)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

I plan to Overclock a Ryzen 5 1600X. Any suggestions for a cooler under $50?

Hyper 212 EVO is always a safe option, or you could get a Corsair H55 for about $50 if you want to liquid cool

Just now, Vespertine said:

I'm not saying that a product is bad because it's unpopular, but saying that unpopularity is better is a rather fantastic claim. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

Hyper 212 EVO is always a safe option, or you could get a Corsair H55 for about $50 if you want to liquid cool

I'm not saying that a product is bad because it's unpopular, but saying that unpopularity is better is a rather fantastic claim. 

the Hyper 212 isnt showing up. I assume due to motherboard incompatibilities. The build is in the original post so you can see my options

1 minute ago, NovaMan01 said:

the Hyper 212 isnt showing up. I assume due to motherboard incompatibilities. The build is in the original post so you can see my options

The 212 EVO is not compatible with that case.

The Cryorig C7 performs similarly and is low profile. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

The 212 EVO is not compatible with that case.

The Cryorig C7 performs similarly and is low profile. 

ok sweet