Static Pressure and Airflow

Go to solution Solved by chos5555,

First of all, I must excuse myself for future typing mistakes, there will be a few of those, I promise... and if this topic allready exists (i didn't find it) i am also sorry

I just got a new PC, and my CPU is heating up a bit, so I have to get a new cooler. I measured everything, and the cooler I've gone with (and that's about my budget for the cooler) is the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO.

I watched some reviews and unboxing and seen that it can be equiped with two fans... here comes the problem:

Now I know that the best fan for pushing air through the radiator is a static pressure optimized one, what should the other one be? Static Pressure or Airflow? It looks something like this (arrows tell which way air is going).

S.P. Fan --> Radiator --> S.P. Fan --> AF Fan (for the back of the case, exaust)

S.P. Fan pushing air through the radiator, and it's pulled out by another S.P. Fan, and then again pulled out of the case by an AF Fan

or

S.P. Fan --> Radiator --> A.F. Fan --> AF Fan (for the back of the case, exaust)

S.P. Fan pushing air through the radiator, and it's pulled out by an A.F. Fan, and then again pulled out of the case by another AF Fan

Or should the fan for pulling air outside the case be a S.P. fan as well?

Thank you for your help.

Both should be pressure optimized fans of the same type.

Stacked pressure scales, CFM doesn't.

I haven't seen a 212 in a while, depending on how tightly packed the sink fins are it might not matter either way.

Error: 410

and sorry for placing this topic in watercooling. my mistake

Just use SP's all the way. The CFM difference isn't that bad, and SP fans have more use cases than SP's. 

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

You should keep the fans matched,the lower performing one will die before MTBF.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Thank you "chos55555". That video answers exactly my question and solved my problem.

Thank you Linus for making that video at NCIX  :P

Linus did a video saying, SP --> radiator --> AF  was the best config they got for their rads

First of all, I must excuse myself for future typing mistakes, there will be a few of those, I promise... and if this topic allready exists (i didn't find it) i am also sorry

I just got a new PC, and my CPU is heating up a bit, so I have to get a new cooler. I measured everything, and the cooler I've gone with (and that's about my budget for the cooler) is the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO.

I watched some reviews and unboxing and seen that it can be equiped with two fans... here comes the problem:

Now I know that the best fan for pushing air through the radiator is a static pressure optimized one, what should the other one be? Static Pressure or Airflow? It looks something like this (arrows tell which way air is going).

S.P. Fan --> Radiator --> S.P. Fan --> AF Fan (for the back of the case, exaust)

S.P. Fan pushing air through the radiator, and it's pulled out by another S.P. Fan, and then again pulled out of the case by an AF Fan

or

S.P. Fan --> Radiator --> A.F. Fan --> AF Fan (for the back of the case, exaust)

S.P. Fan pushing air through the radiator, and it's pulled out by an A.F. Fan, and then again pulled out of the case by another AF Fan

Or should the fan for pulling air outside the case be a S.P. fan as well?

Thank you for your help.

Read this also bud..It will help

http://www.overclock.net/t/1394467/ocn-daves-air-cooling-guide-updated

A push-pull config on the Hyper 212 Evo is beyond unnecessary. The fins aren't that tightly packed, and the depth of the heatsink isn't much to worry about. I can try and take my side panel off and take some close-ups if you'd like. I have mine set as a "pull," due to hard drives being in the way for a push config.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

@Johnny Grey

If it's not a big deal for u, please... do take of the sidepanel and show me some pics. I can estimate better if i have a real life picture of the cooler in the sistem.

Thank you all by the way, for being so helpful.