How bad is it going to be?

crazydog2580

For that price I'm with the other users saying to build a machine.  You can build a very, very high end Desktop and include a 27" IPS monitor for the same amount of money and end up with a more powerful system by far...

Unless she is doing something that specifically requires MAC OS, you should very patiently explain that you can get a much longer lasting build for less money with a PC.  People with a bias for/against a particular platform are often just uninformed and don't understand that even the proprietary programs often have an equivalent.  The only exception would be if she is doing high end 3d modeling and has a program she is an expert with and needs a Mac for that...in which case just buy her the Mac and be done with it.

I think nearly every one missed the point she likes the way they look it will fit her room design very well.

aQc4ufnl.jpg

I’m not arguing that I could build a better pc that’s a no brainer I was simply asking how bad could it be to do some light mid-to-high setting gaming. This is for her. I will build my own beast in the New Year

Hackintosh.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

I think nearly every one missed the point she likes the way they look it will fit her room design very well.

I’m not arguing that I could build a better pc that’s a no brainer I was simply asking how bad could it be to do some light mid-to-high setting gaming. This is for her. I will build my own beast in the New Year

To be fair, An iMac in that room would fit the room really well, and as these benchmarks show is the GTX780M still capable of running most modern games on high settings with 30fps. And if she's buying an iMac, she's probably not looking for high end performance, so IMO it's fine.

And because you've heard it about ten times before, I'm gonna put it in a spoiler for you:

[spoiler:'The crap you don't want to hear']In my honest opinion (I don't know if this is the case), You could build a Phenom white ITX build for about $1000 with an Apple cinema display for the same price and get the most out of your budget, without compromising on looks. But hey, if you want to buy a iMac, go ahead, it will perform nicely.

THE signature

To be fair, An iMac in that room would fit the room really well, and as these benchmarks show is the GTX780M still capable of running most modern games on high settings with 30fps. And if she's buying an iMac, she's probably not looking for high end performance, so IMO it's fine.

And because you've heard it about ten times before, I'm gonna put it in a spoiler for you:

[spoiler:'The crap you don't want to hear']In my honest opinion (I don't know if this is the case), You could build a Phenom white ITX build for about $1000 with an Apple cinema display for the same price and get the most out of your budget, without compromising on looks. But hey, if you want to buy a iMac, go ahead, it will perform nicely.

I don't think it is not what he wants to hear, it's just unproductive, as it has been stated as much as it has been.

aQc4ufnl.jpg

there are plenty of cases out there that will match that room design (a white bitfenix prodigy or phenom would work, or an nzxt H230).  that desk even has a shelf for a tower below.  or you can build a really small system where the case can be easily hidden and get an apple monitor like i said before...  if looks is really the only reason, then that still plays into the pc favor as you have tons of choices, find a bunch of white cases and show her, make sure to tell her the size of each case as that can make a difference also.

but if youre dead set on blowing over 3k on something that should be less than 1.5, go for it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I stepped from mac to pc just because there were not enough compatible programs and games (like literally no games except minecraft). Do what you want, but I highly recommend her to choose a pc, although windows sucks imo, you can't do anything with the overpriced power you will buy when you buy a pc except when you're really serious about 3D modelling or video editing.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

While I would stronly suggest just building a computer in a BitFenix Prodigy as it looks like a smaller Mac Pro type computer and then just buying a cinema display if she want the apple look, if your gf is set on getting an iMac and you have the money for it, just get it for her.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

• 1 month later...

going against what everyone recommended the end result was worth it

l6OUxCnl.jpg

If you buy a PC for straight looks over performance, you are going to have TWO FISTS shoved up your butt when it comes to value for your money. If you want a nice looking PC and still want performance look at a build and splurge a bit and get a Lian Li case, they are solid aluminum and built better. Get some high performance components and get a 27in monitor with small bezels and spend all the money you saved on BEER.

Personally I would never buy something that expensive for a gf. For a wife, sure, but not a girlfriend.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

nope. just no. Price for performance is just rubbish and If she is after the look just make a Hackinstosh or get a real clean, modern looking case that will satisfy her. 

nope. just no. Price for performance is just rubbish and If she is after the look just make a Hackinstosh or get a real clean, modern looking case that will satisfy her. 

That would still require a tower...