Cherry mx brown bubbling

Hi there.

I've posted on this issue before, that my keyboard started to doubletype after 2 years of use. I fixed it with a tiniest bits of silicon grease, but now this thing is happening again.

I tried to clean it with compressed air - it didn't help. This thing can appear and go away randomly, but it always happens to the most used keys (like spacebar, etc).

It looks like the contact in the switch is not 'straight', so there's some kind of click interval.

I have already replaced 2 switches with new ones, and they felt a lot easier to push.

Idk why this thing exists there, because it's a cherry mx brown switch. All of my buddies, who have kbs with cherry mx, have had them for 3+ years and never were in that situation.

Some options that I have for now:

1) give up

2) disassemble switch and try to find out any answers

3) get a new kb and smash this with a hammer couple hundreds times

Thanks.

P.S. if it does make any sense, this is a tt poseidon illuminated kb, 1st gen.

I'd take a Chance and go with option 3 xD

Just kidding mate,

If the issue is really bugging you. I would buy a temporary keyboard for the moment while you try and fix your original keyboard. 

or you could just buy a new switch to replace the broken one.

Just now, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

I'd take a Chance and go with option 3 xD

Just kidding mate,

If the issue is really bugging you. I would buy a temporary keyboard for the moment while you try and fix your original keyboard. 

or you could just buy a new switch to replace the broken one.

I have a 'backup' keyboard, so I can just switch to it if this thing goes reeaaaly wrong.

The problem is, if this will keep happening, then it might be cheaper to just pick a new one. I can scavenge some numpad's switches for now tho.

sounds like they used knockoff cherry keys :) I abuse my board and bottom the keys and none of my brown mx-switches have even began to show signs of wear. And its well over 4 years old now.

Just now, Majestic said:

sounds like they used knockoff cherry keys :) I abuse my board and bottom the keys and none of my brown mx-switches have even began to show signs of wear. And its well over 4 years old now.

YES, that's why I'm worried about this sh*t!

I also think that tt used refurb-d switches, because kb itself was very cheap for an illuminated mech kb (got it for $105). And keycaps are painted and laser-edged, not double-shot.

Btw, what kb do you have?

23 minutes ago, paprikman said:

I also think that tt used refurb-d switches, because kb itself was very cheap for an illuminated mech kb (got it for $105). And keycaps are painted and laser-edged, not double-shot.

Filco Majestouch 2 (brown-MX), with PBT Doubleshot Inject keycaps.

I have a Corsair K70 with cherry mx reds and the key chatter is insane. Im looking to buy a new kb

On 5/17/2017 at 4:38 AM, paprikman said:

The original TT Poseidon used Cherry MX.

It's the Z that uses non cherry.

http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=122&g=ftr

Modular switches, bag full of switches. End of problem.

IMG_2183.JPG

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

On 20.05.2017 at 2:48 AM, dtaflorida said:

The original TT Poseidon used Cherry MX.

It's the Z that uses non cherry.

http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=122&g=ftr

Modular switches, bag full of switches. End of problem.

If you'd read my first post, you would know that I have tt poseidon with cherry switches. Same goes for @CybeastEXE

9 hours ago, paprikman said:

If you'd read my first post, you would know that I have tt poseidon with cherry switches. Same goes for @CybeastEXE

I read it, and saw you had a first edition, which I knew had Cherry switches. I'm really just posting info for @CybeastEXE

In any case, problems will occur with any mech keyboard using Cherry's clicky switch design. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

3 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

I read it, and saw you had a first edition, which I knew had Cherry switches. I'm really just posting info for @CybeastEXE

In any case, problems will occur with any mech keyboard using Cherry's clicky switch design. 

Ok, I see. I thought this way because you quoted my post. I use 'bubble keys' software for now, simultaneously looking for a new kb. Probably will get filca or ducky.

Maybe I will try linear switches also, thanks. :)