When to clean your PC from dust?

AP_97

Hello, everyone. 

I have a question to ask. How often do everyone of you clean your PC's from dust? i noticed after 2 months that there's a small dust build up in my PC. and i think i should clean it

Can i use canned air for this? can i use a cloth? I will unplug it before, of course.

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, AP_97 said:

Hello, everyone. 

I have a question to ask. How often do everyone of you clean your PC's from dust? i noticed after 2 months that there's a small dust build up in my PC. and i think i should clean it

Can i use canned air for this? can i use a cloth? I will unplug it before, of course.

Thanks in advance

Unplug everything, clean it every month or two, don't use a rag. Also clean it a little more frequently in the summer just to be sure you don't let anything overheat.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

im referring you to this video by Linus, if anything is unclear, just ask and I'll get back to you.

Intel 7700k @stock// Asus rog strix GeForce GTX 1080// Asus rog Z-270E// Phantels Enthoo Evolv// 32gb (2x16) Corsair Vengance LPX// Corsair H100i V2// Samsung 850 Evo 250gb// Seagate BarraCuda 3tb// Corsair RM750i

I take a can of air to the filters and such every month or so.  I take the side panel off, wipe it down (tempered glass), blow off any dust buildup on the GPU, psu, radiator, etc. 

When it looks dusty and when you feel like cleaning it. 

/thread

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

when you feel like cleaning it. 

Pretty much. It doesn't really get in the way of cooling when there are dust filters keeping it from getting stuck near components.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have an air compressor out in the garage with a 50 foot hose on it.  Once a month come hell or high water, which ever comes first......

9 hours ago, AP_97 said:

Hello, everyone. 

Thanks in advance

Most often I just simply find myself removing of all the fans within my chassis, & going over them with some compressed air. Then later dusting over GPU back plates and so forth with a micro fibre cloth/compressed air.

I wouldn't recommend use of just a normal cloth courtesy of static, although it shouldn't harm much if you have well shielded components.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again