I need a cheep graphics card!!!

Xatris

I want to build a PC for video editing but since I have almost no money, I would like to save mot of it for the CPU.  I am not a gamer, so I don't need a very good graphics card.   I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent Graphics Card for around 100 bucks.  

15 minutes ago, Xatris said:

I want to build a PC for video editing but since I have almost no money, I would like to save mot of it for the CPU.  I am not a gamer, so I don't need a very good graphics card.   I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent Graphics Card for around 100 bucks.  

Hello!

May I question as to of which dimensions your current chassis supports of for a dedicated GPU?

My personal recommendation for video editing would, as with what @ItsTheDuckAgain, would be a used nvidia quadro. Otherwise, a 4gb AMD Rx 550 is likely superior if you do not plan to game on said card.

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

12 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

I would recommend against buying a used fermi card from 2010. Even if it is a pro series card it is dated enough that a modern consumer card will easily beat it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9FD3PC/?tag=pcpapi-20 This GTX 1050 is in your budgit should fit in any not slimline case and needs no additional power connectors and has more raw Cuda performance than a Quadro 4000.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

43 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

look for a used gtx 750 ti. that gives you most bang for the buck

Is it true that every step of one generation the latest card is as 2 times faster as the original one (like GTX 1070=GTX 970 x2)?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Is it true that every step of one generation the latest card is as 2 times faster as the original one (like GTX 1070=GTX 970 x2)?

No

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

11 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

No

Now, is this logical that GTX 1070 is nearly the same as GTX 980?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

11 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Now, is this logical that GTX 1070 is nearly the same as GTX 980?

The GTX 1070 is far better than the GTX 980.

4 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

The GTX 1070 is far better than the GTX 980.

I am coming GTX 1070 (end of 2017)!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I am coming GTX 1070 (end of 2017)!

You may want to make a new thread to discuss this topic to ask further questions, as this is going off of the OPs topic.

1 hour ago, Xatris said:

rx 580 can run 1440p for $230

47 minutes ago, dylants said:

rx 580 can run 1440p for $230

In the future you should probably check to see if your recommendation meets at least single one of the OP's requirements.

7 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

In the future you should probably check to see if your recommendation meets at least single one of the OP's requirements.

my bad i was talking while i was reading his request so i didn't catch the 100 bucks thing. Sorry

This is a tech forum :P

u sounds like a customer service..

I literally haven't a clue as to whether or not that is a positive or negative thing, though presumably negative, so thanks a lot.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again