USB issue on cloned drive

mesirreal

I recently cloned a drive without any issues to a new 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO drive and all looked like a perfect clone with my exact settings and even sticky notes appearing on the desktop as before.

I then discovered a problem: with any USB stick or external USB drive being inserted you get the windows sound when inserting into any USB 3 or other USB slot but nothing happens as far as loading a driver or identifying it. Nothing in disk management and nothing under computer devices with removable storage.

Here's where it gets weird: all these USB slots work with USB mice or USB keyboards and the USB sticks and external drives work with every other computer and the old drive I just cloned from.

I've tried reloading the drivers for each of the universal serial bus controllers under the device manager and looked to see if any drive is recognized under disk management but there is nothing there.

Like I said everything works fine on the drive I just cloned from and everything else seems like an exact clone on the new drive except when plugging in a USB stick or External USB drive. You get the small beep that you've plugged something but nothing shows up.

Plug something in, open device manager and press the button to search for new plug-and-play devices.

IIrc it's a small pc icon with a magnifying glass thingy.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@mesirrealwhen cloning drives, Windows likes you to run sysprep before the clone, as  it gets changes a bunch of config settings.

if you didn't you may need to reinstall or repair Windows

I don't see anything like a small pc icon in device manager. I should have mentioned I'm using windows 7