What does "Disc Usage 100%" mean and what effect does it have on the system

I started to have this issue of my HDD usage in task manager always being at 100%. My computer would blue screen every 30 minutes or so after this was in effect and I was wondering how to solve it. I followed a guide and sort of solved the probblem but was that the reson my computer kept on blue screening and not starting?

I would love to know how this usage works,

Thanks!

On the surface all it really means is an application sent a request to it and 100% means its queue is filled up. That request can be anything from "give me 4KB of data" to "give me 2GB of data".

You can use Resource Manager (you can open it from Task Manager's Performance tab) in the Disk tab to see who might be trying to ping the hard drive.

it means your disc (HDD/SSD) is reading or writing at 100% of it's capacity. shouldn't be linked to bluescreens.

maybe reinstall windows.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

it means your disc (HDD/SSD) is reading or writing at 100% of it's capacity. shouldn't be linked to bluescreens.

maybe reinstall windows.

I did reinstall windows and it would still blue screen. But some reason when I fixed the disk usage it stopped... Can it be a data overflow?

Just now, PureAndroid said:

I did reinstall windows and it would still blue screen. But some reason when I fixed the disk usage it stopped... Can it be a data overflow?

theoretically not, but theory only corresponds to reality in theory.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

16 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

theoretically not, but theory only corresponds to reality in theory.

Dude this is a PC forum, not a NASA laboratory. Fam. Plz. 

17 minutes ago, PureAndroid said:

Its probably due to too much being drawn at once for core features like windows to work, so then windows, in its never ending artificial intelligence, might decide to just bork into maximum borkdrive and blue screen out.