Very first build ! (i5, 660TI, 8gb, 1tb)

Thedarkhaze

Hello guys this is my very first build, its not too enthusiast because i was on a budget but it destroy's all the games.

Specs:

i5 3570k 3.4ghz (Going to overclock once i buy a CPU cooler)

Asus P8Z77-V

G.Skill Ares 8gb ram at 1600mhz (Blue edition)

EVGA GTX 660 Ti Super overclock

Seagate 1TB Barracuda

725w eXtreme power Dual +12v

All in a Cooler Master Storm enforcer with NZXT 2m Blue LED sleeve kit

Picture:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7...0107002618.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4818/img20130107010713.jpg

Would love constructive feedback on things i could do better and what the next upgrade i should do.

Cheers.

looking good for your first build :), could use a blue led fan in the front and some better cable management and you will be looking really good i have the same case have had it for a while thinking about going watercooling with it haha

:)

looking good for your first build :)' date=' could use a blue led fan in the front and some better cable management and you will be looking really good i have the same case have had it for a while thinking about going watercooling with it haha :) [/quote']

Yea i would replace the front fan but there so expensive like 45NZD and its just not worth it for a different colour.

But yea love the case and side panel :D

nice build, looks like you can put an H100i in there when you upgrade the cpu cooler

I think its a bit too blue. Or maybe thats just the picture.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That is a very nice first build. Getting a good CPU cooler should be high on your priorities list.The system looks busy inside, cable management needs to be worked on also the LED lights seem to flood the build too much. LED's should be used to highlight and showoff parts of your build, things like the Power Supply don't need to be flooded with light.

Even so looking pretty good, just needs a bit of tidying up, a better CPU cooler if your OC'ing and Use the blue LED's sparingly!

That blue looks awesome! Although what's up with the red LED's in the front?

Hahaha yea looks weird its just the Original fan that came with it havent changed it out yet :D

That is a very nice first build. Getting a good CPU cooler should be high on your priorities list.The system looks busy inside' date=' cable management needs to be worked on also the LED lights seem to flood the build too much. LED's should be used to highlight and showoff parts of your build, things like the Power Supply don't need to be flooded with light. Even so looking pretty good, just needs a bit of tidying up, a better CPU cooler if your OC'ing and Use the blue LED's sparingly![/quote']

Thanks :D ill be sure to get a CPU cooler, either that or a SSD

dose that little man improve performance if so i want one! good job

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

For upgrades depends what you want to do with your computer.If its Gaming the 660ti should be fine until you try to run multi monitors (pushing really extreme resolutions) in extreme settings, then you will need something with more Vram to render all those textures. CPU is good and the 3570K is unlocked. Remember when OC'ing your CPU your CPU will create exponential heat output so a high end air cooler or somthing like H100/i would really benfit it

For upgrades depends what you want to do with your computer.If its Gaming the 660ti should be fine until you try to run multi monitors (pushing really extreme resolutions) in extreme settings' date=' then you will need something with more Vram to render all those textures. CPU is good and the 3570K is unlocked. Remember when OC'ing your CPU your CPU will create exponential heat output so a high end air cooler or somthing like H100/i would really benfit it [/quote']

Yea man looking into buying a new cpu cooler as soon as i can get some more money hahah, cheers for the feedback.

Congrats with first build it is certainly most powerful then my computer. It looks are pretty sick.

That build looks very straight forward, but i would do some changes to it:

i5 3570k 3.4ghz (Going to overclock once i buy a CPU cooler)

Asus P8Z77-V

G.Skill Ares 8gb ram at 1600mhz (Blue edition)

EVGA GTX 660 Ti Super overclock -> i would replace it by a msi card because of better cooling :http://ncix.com/products/?sku=75201&vpn=N660TI%20PE%202GD5%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar&promoid=1366

Seagate 1TB Barracuda -> use a 1TB WD Black for better perfomance

Add a boot SSD like -> http://ncix.com/products/?sku=70359&vpn=SH103S3B%2F240G&manufacture=Kingston&promoid=1366

725w eXtreme power Dual +12v -> may take a more high performance one form be quiet or corsair for higher reliability

All in a Cooler Master Storm enforcer with NZXT 2m Blue LED sleeve kit

Looks pretty good, but I think even 600W PSU would be enough for that setup...

First get a small 64GB SSD for boot and don't bother overclocking your CPU seriously you wont see any performance gain from it unless what every you are doing is 100% cpu limited but for games you may use 20-40% CPU at all times and intel stock is not enough for a core i5 i dont know why they even include it just get a cheapo 30$ cooler like the hyper 212 or something and you will be all good.