NH-C14S vs H80i V2

I have the choice between the H80i v2 and the NH-C14S.

The H80i V2 costs £81

The NH-C14S costs £64

I have read that they have very similar performances but the liquid cooler is obviously better if only by a slight margin.

I am planning to overclock my i5-4670k to 4.4GHz so which cooler would be the best choice?

I'm focusing more on price to performance rather than pure performance.

Get the noctua, with the water cooler you're also paying premiums for extra stuff that doesn't affect performance - the fact that it's a water cooler, RGB lighting, fancy tubing etc etc...

If looks matter consider some of the BeQuiet! coolers as well, some of their Dark Rock series look a lot better than the noctua one for around the same price.

Also within that budget you could bump up to an NH-D15 which is pretty much the best performing air cooler on the market, though whether or not it's worth the premium is your choice. Either way, the coolers you mentioned are both good choices.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

Just now, Oscargot said:

Get the noctua, with the water cooler you're also paying premiums for extra stuff that doesn't affect performance - the fact that it's a water cooler, RGB lighting, fancy tubing etc etc...

If looks matter consider some of the BeQuiet! coolers as well, some of their Dark Rock series look a lot better than the noctua one for around the same price.

Also within that budget you could bump up to an NH-D15 which is pretty much the best performing air cooler on the market, though whether or not it's worth the premium is your choice. Either way, the coolers you mentioned are both good choices.

Ok, thanks. My issue is that my case supports coolers up to 155mm (the NH-D15 being 165mm) and my ram is 41mm so I have a lot of issues when it comes to compatibility.

Just now, Mighty Elemental said:

Ok, thanks. My issue is that my case supports coolers up to 155mm (the NH-D15 being 165mm) and my ram is 41mm so I have a lot of issues when it comes to compatibility.

Ah, well if that cooler works, go with it, I'd say it's a better choice than the AIO

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

8 hours ago, Mighty Elemental said:

What case are you using?

Why are you looking at these two coolers in particular?

The NH-D15 heatsink is actually only 160mm tall. The fans can be raised or lower to change it's effective height.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2017 at 4:12 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you using?

Why are you looking at these two coolers in particular?

The NH-D15 heatsink is actually only 160mm tall. The fans can be raised or lower to change it's effective height.

I am using a GM-One Knight case and a 160mm cooler is too tall.

1 hour ago, Mighty Elemental said:

I am using a GM-One Knight case and a 160mm cooler is too tall.

The Fuma is cheaper but performs similarly: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/dVwqqs/scythe-cpu-cooler-scfm1000

If your chip oc's well enough, a Pure Rock is much cheaper and should be enough: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

I'd suggest what testing how far you can push with the stock cooler to get an idea what kind of voltages you'll need for 4.4ghz

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.