Snapdragon 835 v Exynos 8895

Go to solution Solved by VerticalDiscussions,

You wont notice any difference in performance most likely (theyll both get slower and slower, xD).

But really, the Snapdragon has the fame of usually having the better GPU and the Exynos having the higher power efficiency. This time around they seem to be both octa-core chipsets made with the same litography of 10nm (which Samsung apparently didnt even specified on the presentation properly according to Pocketnow).

The Exynos may have better power efficiency and yeld slightly longer battery life, but the Snapdragon could potentially have better connectivity and graphical performance.

In the end though, they are gonna perform very similarly and there is no to debate wether you need to get one over the other. Unless the Snapdragon variant had some magical 128GB variant of internal storage and offered even better connectivity.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12660303 In our country,the s8 has  exynos   and I am not really sure if I should order it from my country or from another,where the s8 has snapdragon 835.

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

The s835 has a significantly better gpu. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Snapdragon is shit from what I e hear

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You wont notice any difference in performance most likely (theyll both get slower and slower, xD).

But really, the Snapdragon has the fame of usually having the better GPU and the Exynos having the higher power efficiency. This time around they seem to be both octa-core chipsets made with the same litography of 10nm (which Samsung apparently didnt even specified on the presentation properly according to Pocketnow).

The Exynos may have better power efficiency and yeld slightly longer battery life, but the Snapdragon could potentially have better connectivity and graphical performance.

In the end though, they are gonna perform very similarly and there is no to debate wether you need to get one over the other. Unless the Snapdragon variant had some magical 128GB variant of internal storage and offered even better connectivity.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

However, better gpu=better looking display or will it make the software more snappy? 

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Just now, JasonHS said:

-snip-

Uh no, the "better looking" display wont receive any benefit from the Snapdragon over the Exynos, its a physical property after all and not something related with the the GPU in place (you could put a Snapdragon 652 and it would look the same more than likely, no brightness or color saturation increase). The software will be snappy as long as the bloatware in the phone is controlled or some crazy application wont be killing your CPU and RAM usage.

Groomlake Authority

I'd actually prefer the Exynos for its better battery life. You likely won't notice a huge difference when it comes to gaming, if that's something you extensively use your phone for. Does it even matter though? Have you checked to see if the Snapdragon model would even support the bands your provider uses?

16 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

The s835 has a significantly better gpu. 

I haven't seen any proof of that as of yet.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Always,anywhere.Do you reply to every single thread? cause you are in almost every single of mine

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'd actually prefer the Exynos for its better battery life. You likely won't notice a huge difference when it comes to gaming, if that's something you extensively use your phone for. Does it even matter though? Have you checked to see if the Snapdragon model would even support the bands your provider uses?

I haven't seen any proof of that as of yet.

Well, the s8895 has two variants  the 8895M (375Gflops) and the 8895V ( 335Gflops).

The exact specs of the adreno 540 aren't known as of yet, but the adreno 530 from the s821 was a 520Gflop part. The 540 should be an improvement 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

22 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Well, the s8895 has two variants z the 8895M (375Gflops) and the 8895V ( 335Gflops).

The exact specs of the adreno 540 aren't known as of yet, but the adreno 530 from the s821 was a 520Gflop part. The 540 should be an improvement 

Eh, I'd be more interested to see what some actual benchmarks show the difference being. Even then though, in real world use the difference is negligible unless you game a ton on your phone. I'd much rather have the improved battery life on something that's useless once it's dead.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, JasonHS said:

Always,anywhere.Do you reply to every single thread? cause you are in almost every single of mine

Lol, just timing when I'm on. ?

I agree with dizmo to wait but I would trade performance for battery efficiency any day

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2017 at 8:15 PM, Aytex said:

Lol, just timing when I'm on. ?

I agree with dizmo to wait but I would trade performance for battery efficiency any day

got my s8.The processor (according to cpu-z) is Exynos 8890..

Seasonic Focus+ 750w