Disable Blinking Power Button while PC is asleep? - NZXT S340 elite

corevo

I assume there's nothing I can do about this but I wanted to check just to be sure...my case (S340 elite) has a power button that blinks while the computer is in sleep mode, is there a way to make the button stop blinking?

I could unplug the power led cables from the mobo I suppose but I do like having the button lit up when I'm using the pc.

3 minutes ago, corevo said:

I assume there's nothing I can do about this but I wanted to check just to be sure...my case (S340 elite) has a power button that blinks while the computer is in sleep mode, is there a way to make the button stop blinking?

I could unplug the power led cables from the mobo I suppose but I do like having the button lit up when I'm using the pc.

When the PC is in sleep mode, you can just hit the power switch on the PSU and it's off. 

4 minutes ago, corevo said:

I think I heard about an option in the bios to turn off auxiliary power when the pc is off. This could help if i knew what it was called

4 minutes ago, corevo said:

I don't think this is something you can control via software, I'd just remove the power led connector, I actually did it on my PC because it had blue leds that were so strong it would get in the way when I game with the lights off.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

When the PC is in sleep mode, you can just hit the power switch on the PSU and it's off. 

that is false. 

When the pc is in sleep mode, all current data is saved to ram, if power is lost, everything is lost. 

What you talk about is hibernation, where all data is written to the hdd. 

Just now, MimigaKing said:

that is false. 

When the pc is in sleep mode, all current data is saved to ram, if power is lost, everything is lost. 

If OP has ssd he could use hibernation instead tht could solve the issue...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, MimigaKing said:

that is false. 

Really? I always do that, i click sleep and than switch off PSU, always works fine, it's opens back up to where i left off at. 

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

If OP has ssd he could use hibernation instead tht could solve the issue...

Yeah I just have an SSD. So I should/could change my power settings so that after some period of inactivity, it hibernates, rather than just sleeping? 

If I leave programs open, I'd like for those to stay open when I resume using the computer and I think hibernating will close them? I'm not home at the moment so I can't test it.

Just now, corevo said:

Yeah I just have an SSD. So I should/could change my power settings so that after some period of inactivity, it hibernates, rather than just sleeping? 

If I leave programs open, I'd like for those to stay open when I resume using the computer and I think hibernating will close them? I'm not home at the moment so I can't test it.

Hibernation works the exact same way sleep does with the difference that the data is stored on the storage instead of the memory, since you have ssd it should be fast enough wake so you don't feel much of a difference between the two, the main difference is that then the system does shut down entirely as the memory won't need to keep being feed with energy.

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, Jonadong said:

you can samsh the power button with a hammer until the lights stop working

:o:o:o

2 hours ago, corevo said:

:o:o:o

Yeah I mean it's obvious you'd never smash the power button with a hammer

Smash it with a brick

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

52 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yeah I mean it's obvious you'd never smash the power button with a hammer

Smash it with a brick

Crap.. and here I was going to use a 9 Iron... would placing it infront of my vehicle and ramming the case cause the same effect, as said brick?

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, Drake10114 said:

Crap.. and here I was going to use a 9 Iron... would placing it infront of my vehicle and ramming the case cause the same effect, as said brick?

Depends on your vehicle and how you hit it. It needs to bit hit with the rear quarter panel of your car at exactly 88mph to get the same effect

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

58 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Depends on your vehicle and how you hit it. It needs to bit hit with the rear quarter panel of your car at exactly 88mph to get the same effect

Damn... sounds like it would break any car except a heavy duty truck or a tank. Like a smart car or a prius would be a death-trap hitting it.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

Just now, Drake10114 said:

Damn... sounds like it would break any car except a heavy duty truck or a tank. Like a smart car or a prius would be a death-trap hitting it.

Well it's made by Nokia so

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well it's made by Nokia so

Ofc, a diamond drill would just bounce off this amazing piece of hardware. Built by heating nokia phones in a blast furnace to create a solid bar of Nokiaum, which is then hand-carved through laserbeams into the finest case ever.

Current System Specs: