Which laptop should I get?

flamer7

Hey there guys I've finally decided, I'm either getting a Macbook Pro and an MSI GE 40. That being said, I still do not know which one to choose. I am going overseas for college in Australia, and I am not sure which I should choose. As a gamer, I play games 12 hours daily, and I am very anti sociable. Putting yourself in my shoes, would you : a) continue gaming, get an MSI , or b) Stop gaming, not get an MSI, and focus on my studies. Opinions!

@flamer7

In your case the Macbook without a doubt.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

those are very different laptops used for 2 different reasons. are you gaming? do you need windows? if so get the MSI one.
if not macbook pros are really well built and has Mac OSX if you like that.

im a gamer at heart so i chose a gaming notebook as well. but i forced myself to be sociable and ended up not playing games. but one day i came back togaming, point is if you choose the gaming one u give yourself to go back to gaming if the whole social thing doesnt work xD or u can balance them like i learned to do. school will keep you plenty busy u probably wont game everyday

Hey there guys I've finally decided, I'm either getting a Macbook Pro and an MSI GE 40. That being said, I still do not know which one to choose. I am going overseas for college in Australia, and I am not sure which I should choose. As a gamer, I play games 12 hours daily, and I am very anti sociable. Putting yourself in my shoes, would you : a) continue gaming, get an MSI , or B) Stop gaming, not get an MSI, and focus on my studies. Opinions!

Study so you have money for games in the long run duuh.

i think the gaming laptop would be good for you :)

as you said you game 12 hrs a day,and you're very anti sociable,you should probably go with a gaming laptop.

But..now,as you're going to college,you won't get 12 hrs to game :(

So......You should buy the macbook :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

@flamer7

In your case the Macbook without a doubt.

That's what I thought too..

those are very different laptops used for 2 different reasons. are you gaming? do you need windows? if so get the MSI one.

if not macbook pros are really well built and has Mac OSX if you like that.

im a gamer at heart so i chose a gaming notebook as well. but i forced myself to be sociable and ended up not playing games. but one day i came back togaming, point is if you choose the gaming one u give yourself to go back to gaming if the whole social thing doesnt work xD or u can balance them like i learned to do. school will keep you plenty busy u probably wont game everyday

I want to game, but I know that I won't be able to control myself...

Study so you have money for games in the long run duuh.

Huh?

i think the gaming laptop would be good for you :)

as you said you game 12 hrs a day,and you're very anti sociable,you should probably go with a gaming laptop.

But..now,as you're going to college,you won't get 12 hrs to game :(

So......You should buy the macbook :)

Yea I thought so too, I want to study but I still want to game LOADS

Get a MacBook but don't be stupid and buy a gaming laptop...ever

Huh? What's wrong with gaming laptops?..

Oh he's going to tell you something about how expensive/hot/loud/not like a desktop it is

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Oh he's going to tell you something about how expensive/hot/loud/not like a desktop it is

Would you choose the MBP or GE 40 if you were me?

Would you choose the MBP or GE 40 if you were me?

I would personally get the laptop that can play games, because I can't go without games. MBP is a really well built device, don't get me wrong, but a PC I can't game on is actually useless to me

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Nothings wrong with them but, you're basically limiting yourself to the hardware it comes with and there's no customization and expandability. Although they're portable.. it doesn't outweigh the fact after a year or two its probably going to be a poor performing machine and you cant do much about it.   IMO invest in getting yourself a nice desktop, preferably custom with a good case so you can expand when necessary. :)

why would you get a mac if you want to game? I would get a lenovo y410 its having a huge sale

why would you get a mac if you want to game? I would get a lenovo y410 its having a huge sale

i think your missing the point of this thread a little. there is a social problem as well

The y410p is an awesome choice, but it is always on sale! I have never seen it at full price ever.