New Elgato Stream Deck aims to make streaming simpler

Elgato just reveled their new "Stream Deck" with the goal of making streaming more simple.

Elgato is going to make streaming easy. That’s the impression I get anyway from the new Elgato Stream Deck, revealed this morning. It’s a control center—a block of fifteen programmable LCD keys that integrates with OBS, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and more, making the whole process as simple as the push of a button.

Based on what I've seen, this does seem like a product aimed at new comers to the streaming world, built around one button systems. It does come in at a price of $150 USD, certainly not aimed at the occasional gamer, but does appear to make life I little simpler by automating processes with a simple drag and drop setup.

Original Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3184425/consumer-electronics/elgatos-stream-deck-is-a-programmable-lcd-control-center-that-makes-game-streaming-easy.html

Initially I didn't think this would be too useful, especially with programmable keys being a thing, but seeing how you can have the darn thing Tweet "Hey, I'm live on Twitch!" with the press of a button, among many other functions, it sounds hella convenient.

The price seems steep but I'm certain that can be attributed towards the build of the device, since it doesn't look very cheap to manufacturer. It'd be nice to see a cheaper version with non-LCD keys be released in the future.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

There are programmable keyboards that have like 18 "G" keys on the side that have this exact same function besides the LED keys. The asking price tag in my eyes are not worth it.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

One button system?  More like 15 button system.

It looks good for streaming.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

So it's like a cancer meme macro board?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Considering elgato drivers only work when they want to on the whim of the celestial consellations, i would not buy this. 

Its a glorified hotkey pad. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX