PC build. AMD OR INTEL?

Go to solution Solved by Ophidio,

a Hyper 212 EVO is perfectly fine for stock speeds. A Stock cooler is perfect for stock speeds. If you don't plan on overclocking then you don't need to get a Z-class mobo. Unless Z-Class mobo's are the only ones that have features you want, a H110, H170, H270, B150, or B250 chipset board are perfect if you drop the k series chip and it will help you save probably around $100 going down to those boards leaving room elsewhere in the build like possibly a a GTX 1080 or M.2 SSD. If you really want to do a ton of video editing work then you would be better off with the AMD or even an Intel 7700K if you can squeeze that in. If you get a K series chip make sure you get a Z-class board to go along with it though. 

hello

im gonna build a pc this week. And i've come up with these two builds. help me decide which one too choose amd or intel.

and let me know if there is something better to put instead of what i have picked. 

and i would like some monitor reccomendations. 

My budget is around 1500 euros. a little bit over is ok

its mostly for heavy gaming and software developing and web browing.

intel build https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/YKRrnn

amd build https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/CzRrnn

PS : the case i wanted is the corsair 400c for some reason its not there in pcpart picker so i choose the most similar one :D

ty in advance

Edited by chickenkill

If you're going to be doing heavy gaming then go with Intel as it has better single core performance and gaming performance.The i5 is also fine for your other needs but I would choose the i5 if you're mostly wanting to do gaming. I would suggest getting a slightly better cooler too if you plan on overclocking. If you want air cooling choose something from either cryorig or noctua, and if you want an AIO water unit then choose something from Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT, or Asetek. You might also want to upgrade your PSU to one of EVGA newer SuperNOVA units like a G2 or G3. Their original NOVA units aren't really as good of quality parts as the newer models. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Are you going to game/stream and video edit? if so get the AMD, if not get the i5. 

I'd replace the PSU aswell, I'd get the EVGA G2. Or take a look at this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

5 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

If you're going to be doing heavy gaming then go with Intel as it has better single core performance and gaming performance.The i5 is also fine for your other needs but I would choose the i5 if you're mostly wanting to do gaming. I would suggest getting a slightly better cooler too if you plan on overclocking. If you want air cooling choose something from either cryorig or noctua, and if you want an AIO water unit then choose something from Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT, or Asetek. You might also want to upgrade your PSU to one of EVGA newer SuperNOVA units like a G2 or G3. Their original NOVA units aren't really as good of quality parts as the newer models. 

ty for the answer. i updated the psu in the list. as for the cooler, im not gonna overclock.i think i accidently picked the K , i already own a 212 EVO would that be enough for stock clocks.

I'd get an i7, but both builds look about right.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Are you going to game/stream and video edit? if so get the AMD, if not get the i5. 

I'd replace the PSU aswell, I'd get the EVGA G2. Or take a look at this:

ty for that. and yeah im gonna game and do a little bit of video editing too. what would you recommend for a good monitor under 300 . i kinda like the Asus VG248QE or should i go with a 21:9  LG 25UM58-P

a Hyper 212 EVO is perfectly fine for stock speeds. A Stock cooler is perfect for stock speeds. If you don't plan on overclocking then you don't need to get a Z-class mobo. Unless Z-Class mobo's are the only ones that have features you want, a H110, H170, H270, B150, or B250 chipset board are perfect if you drop the k series chip and it will help you save probably around $100 going down to those boards leaving room elsewhere in the build like possibly a a GTX 1080 or M.2 SSD. If you really want to do a ton of video editing work then you would be better off with the AMD or even an Intel 7700K if you can squeeze that in. If you get a K series chip make sure you get a Z-class board to go along with it though. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

10 hours ago, Ophidio said:

thx . rigth now im leaning towards the ryzen. but i kinda like that ""intel optane technology" is it wort going intel just for that?

and could you help me out and tell me which vga should pick from these 2

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING, 08G-P4-6173-KR, 8GB GDDR5, ACX 3.0 & LED

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING, 08G-P4-6276-KR, 8GB GDDR5, ACX 3.0 & RGB LED

comparison http://www.evga.com/products/Compare.aspx

im confused cause the FTW has higherclock speeds and rgb and is less expensive than the sc one.

PS : i have updated the builds a little bit and made it into euros. i had it in usd before sorry about that

Edited by chickenkill