H80i V2 or Evo212

Im curious to find out if an overclock on the FX 8320 Chip to 4.5 Ghz would be appropriate for the H80i V2 over the Evo212. I have a midtower with plenty of room but want the H80 for aesthetics over the evo. Recommendations? All in all budget for a cooler is 80 USD. 

3 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

Im curious to find out if an overclock on the FX 8320 Chip to 4.5 Ghz would be appropriate for the H80i V2 over the Evo212. I have a midtower with plenty of room but want the H80 for aesthetics over the evo. Recommendations? All in all budget for a cooler is 80 USD. 

Do you have this, have you overclocked, and are your temps low right now

Using a hyper212 on a 8350 at 4.5ghz at 1.392v. Under 60c But your result may vary. 

Well water cooler never make any sense except for aesthetic if u are ready when ship happen like leaking then its good but if u are not just use aftermarket cooler. dont buy 212 evo though there are a lot option within the same price range and perform better like Be quite pure rock or Cryorig H7.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Have not ordered either yet, im still in the process of doing research until i order parts tomorrow. I know the Evo is a damn solid cooler, aswell as any AIO unit from Corsair. Just wanting to see which you guys would suggest. This is my first PC build and i will be building a Zen build when the chips are available and well established. This computer is mainly for School, Rendering, and Gaming. 

@tp95112 Thats actually pretty damn good, is that under load or idle? I want cpu temps to say cool, very cool. Hence why I'm looking at the H80i V2. 

I've used a Noctua (NH-D15) and a corsair AIO (H60). They work well though if I had the extra money I'd have gotten a NZXT X32/42/62 as they are so damn good.  

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

@Damascus Which Cpu? Agreed, The AIO units from NZXT are baller, just dont have that kind of cash to throw at one yet. This build is mainly for testing the waters of this. Going from an Xbox to a Computer has been a dream for a while :'D

6 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Well water cooler never make any sense except for aesthetic if u are ready when ship happen like leaking then its good but if u are not just use aftermarket cooler. dont buy 212 evo though there are a lot option within the same price range and perform better like Be quite pure rock or Cryorig H7.

I like the Cryorig and the DarkRock, Just not a "FAN" (Get it) of the huge bulk associated with them. 

Just now, Erbyy said:

@Damascus Which Cpu? Agreed, The AIO units from NZXT are baller, just dont have that kind of cash to throw at one yet. This build is mainly for testing the waters of this. Going from an Xbox to a Computer has been a dream for a while :'D

I'm running a 6700K @ 4.3 Ghz on the H60 (my build)

The Noctua is on my brothers build, he has a 4670K at stock

@Damascus Nice Nice, i would have gone the intel route but for the sake of not spending my mortgage on a pc i went with an FX 8320. So the H80i V2 is a solid choice?

I'd save for a newer system before getting an AIO which is basically just for aesthetics

That's an F in the profile pic

Difference between H80 i and X42 is like $25

7 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

@tp95112 Thats actually pretty damn good, is that under load or idle? I want cpu temps to say cool, very cool. Hence why I'm looking at the H80i V2. 

That is load

Just now, tp95112 said:

That is load

xD

Off topic just about everyone whos said to save for an upgrade has an Intel Chipset :'D 

3 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

@Damascus Nice Nice, i would have gone the intel route but for the sake of not spending my mortgage on a pc i went with an FX 8320. So the H80i V2 is a solid choice?

Same price, get the kraken

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/8Lwqqs/nzxt-kraken-x42-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx42-01

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/2zQypg/corsair-cpu-cooler-h80i

Ah, nvm.  go for the H80 if thats what you want.  I'd suggest getting a cheapo 212 (second hand etc) and getting a new AIO when you jump to RYZEN

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Ah, nvm.  go for the H80 if thats what you want.  I'd suggest getting a cheapo 212 (second hand etc) and getting a new AIO when you jump to RYZEN

Thinking so, checking on Pcpartpicker there isnt much of a selection for Ryzen coolers just yet, 24 to be exact!

28 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

Thinking so, checking on Pcpartpicker there isnt much of a selection for Ryzen coolers just yet, 24 to be exact!

most companies will mail you an AM4 bracket for a small fee