Sennheiser HD600 (6xx) Amp

Flyser

Does anyone know an affordable amp to power the Sennheiser HD600 or the 6xx. Just don´t want to spend too much. :)

Just now, SSL said:

How much is "too much".

I don´t really know. I just don´t want to spend more for an amp than the headphones itself :D.

1 minute ago, Flyser said:

I don´t really know. I just don´t want to spend more for an amp than the headphones itself :D.

Why not?

Just now, SSL said:

Why not?

I don´t think i would hear much of a difference between an amp that can power the hd600 to its cap than an amp that costs 100 dollars more and could power even the hd800.

2 minutes ago, Flyser said:

I don´t think i would hear much of a difference between an amp that can power the hd600 to its cap than an amp that costs 100 dollars more and could power even the hd800.

Big mistake. But we'll use $350 as the baseline "don't want to spend too much / don't really know / not more than the headphone itself".

Schiit Valhalla 2. Done. Or, if you're feeling especially frugal, the Vali 2.

18 minutes ago, SSL said:

Big mistake. But we'll use $350 as the baseline "don't want to spend too much / don't really know / not more than the headphone itself".

Schiit Valhalla 2. Done. Or, if you're feeling especially frugal, the Vali 2.

ok cool. Sry I´m new to the "audiophile" scene and i don´know many things by now from it :D. Just like in building a computer that for example you won´t need a 170 or x99 motherboard when you don´t want to overclock or have a cpu that can´t overclock. But when it would do a significant change to the quality then it would be reasonable for me to buy an amp that costs more. Thank you :)

6 minutes ago, Flyser said:

ok cool. Sry I´m new to the "audiophile" scene and i don´know many things by now from it :D. Just like in building a computer that for example you won´t need a 170 or x99 motherboard when you don´t want to overclock or have a cpu that can´t overclock. But when it would do a significant change to the quality then it would be reasonable for me to buy an amp that costs more. Thank you :)

Come to think if it, you would be fine with the Schii Fulla 2. Nice little DAC/amp combo. Think about Vali or Valhalla if you start really caring about audio.

The HD 600/650 scales a lot with better gear, so it can make sense to get spendy. But if audio isn't a priority for you, I wouldn't bother.

Just now, SSL said:

Come to think if it, you would be fine with the Schii Fulla 2. Nice little DAC/amp combo. Think about Vali or Valhalla if you start really caring about audio.

The HD 600/650 scales a lot with better gear, so it can make sense to get spendy. But if audio isn't a priority for you, I wouldn't bother.

better audio is important for me but i never thought of it that amps that costs more than the headphones itself would make so much more of a difference. But now i know and i will consider it . Thanks :D

2 hours ago, Flyser said:

better audio is important for me but i never thought of it that amps that costs more than the headphones itself would make so much more of a difference. But now i know and i will consider it . Thanks :D

won't make a big difference for certain headphones, but for the hd6xx/650/600, it will.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."