cheap acro mode quadcopter?

Legolessed

i have been flying a self leveling quad that i modded to have fpv and have been loving it, but acro mode..... I saw all  the cool things you could do with it and have been flying with the drl simulator to get a feel for acro mode kinda. Now i want to get a realy quadcopter with acro mode. Im looking for something cheap because i dont want to be flying something expensive my first time. Around $50. I also dont have the right transmitter most likely. I have a ton of toy grade transmitters like a jjrc h6d and a hubsan x4 one but i doubt i can mod those to work. I also have a hobyking t4a transmitter that is compatible with flysky so that may work? im just looking for a cheap fpv setup so that i can fly acro mode in a park or something. Thanks and have a fantastic day!

Qx90.

You should start asking these kinds of questions on the miniquad club or your local fpv group. These questions are pretty specific for Linus Tech Tips. 

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Qx90.

You should start asking these kinds of questions on the miniquad club or your local fpv group. These questions are pretty specific for Linus Tech Tips. 

ok thanks. i do sometimes ask on rc groups but i dont usually get a response. I would ask my local fpv group, but they all fly planes xD

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Qx90.

will the qx90 work natively with the t4a?

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

will the qx90 work natively with the t4a?

No. Whatever receiver that came with that cheap radio is what will work with it. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

No. Whatever receiver that came with that cheap radio is what will work with it. 

no, i bought a seperate flysky reciever from bang good and it worked

18 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

no, i bought a seperate flysky reciever from bang good and it worked

Well I guess it'll work then. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Well I guess it'll work then. 

ok, will any flysky quad work with it? my transmitter uses a bind plug to bind. how will i use that on a micro quad

10 hours ago, Legolessed said:

ok, will any flysky quad work with it? my transmitter uses a bind plug to bind. how will i use that on a micro quad

Idk bro, figure it out. A lot of this hobby is figuring it out on your own. 

ASU

8 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Ok

10 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

screw it, im building a quad xD 

11 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

does the hobbyking k22 board support acro mode?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-XXD-HW30A-30A-Brushless-Motor-ESC-For-Airplane-Quadcopter-p-50621.html?rmmds=search

http://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-BR2212-2450KV-2-3S-Brushless-Motor-For-RC-Airplane-p-1085432.html?rmmds=search

ok my battery is a turnigy 3s 20c 1000mah battery. are these components compatible and will they work well with the hobbyking k22 board.

Also I reckon I couldn't use my plane receiver with it, so what is an ultra cheap receiver that I could use with my t4a (flysky)

The kk2 is quite out dated. Get an xracer 303 or a board off Piroflip. You'll need serial receiver and a 6ch radio. 

ASU

17 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

The kk2 is quite out dated. Get an xracer 303 or a board off Piroflip. You'll need serial receiver and a 6ch radio. 

A 6channel radio? Why won't 4 channels work? I know I probably seem really weird for not wanting to change my radio but the cheapest radio I have found that is supported is the fs-i6 for $40. The main reason I would go with the kk2 is because I would just plug everything in and I already have it, so all I need is the programing cable which is $4. I can upgrade later but I just wanted to know if it would work.

12 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

A 6channel radio? Why won't 4 channels work? I know I probably seem really weird for not wanting to change my radio but the cheapest radio I have found that is supported is the fs-i6 for $40. The main reason I would go with the kk2 is because I would just plug everything in and I already have it, so all I need is the programing cable which is $4. I can upgrade later but I just wanted to know if it would work.

I don't think you understand quite how outdated the kk2 is. It's pre-multiwii, and that was 8bit.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

I don't think you understand quite how outdated the kk2 is. It's pre-multiwii, and that was 8bit.

oh. wow, thats old. sorry i didnt realize it was that old. I see why one of my friends gave it to me for free xD 

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

oh. wow, thats old. sorry i didnt realize it was that old. I see why one of my friends gave it to me for free xD 

Yeah. Frame that thing and give it to a museum. As for the 6ch radio, you really should have your arm control on a switch because using yaw to arm and disarm can be dangerous. The 6th channel is nice to have if you like having airmode on a seperate switch like me. I do that because airmode can sometimes make your quad freak out when it's armed and sitting on the ground, also makes landings very bouncy. 

ASU

55 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah. Frame that thing and give it to a museum. As for the 6ch radio, you really should have your arm control on a switch because using yaw to arm and disarm can be dangerous. The 6th channel is nice to have if you like having airmode on a seperate switch like me. I do that because airmode can sometimes make your quad freak out when it's armed and sitting on the ground, also makes landings very bouncy. 

Do you have to arm the motors? Sorry I am asking so many questions. I found an fs-i6 on eBay for $32 but I don't really want to have to buy that now. If you think it would be nessesary then I will go for it.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/130990514877

Also if this transmitter is compatible with the drl flight simulator than I might have to go for it. Right now I'm using an Xbox controller and the experience is interesting xD

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

The receiver thing is confusing me. I have read up on sbus, ppm, and pwm relievers but when I look at receivers online, a lot of them only have 3 soldering points. How do you plug everything into that?

10 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

For practice building I may build a little micro brushed quad. I have everything except for a receiver and a flight controller already so it will be a smaller cost. Then I can practice my building skills and enjoy a little brushed quad before moving to a true racing quad. 

I found this flight controller on banggood but don't know what receiver to use with it. For the bind plug problem on the flysky receiver, some receivers I have seen with a bind button on them.

9 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Do you have to arm the motors? Sorry I am asking so many questions. I found an fs-i6 on eBay for $32 but I don't really want to have to buy that now. If you think it would be nessesary then I will go for it.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/130990514877

Also if this transmitter is compatible with the drl flight simulator than I might have to go for it. Right now I'm using an Xbox controller and the experience is interesting xD

I'd get either the turnigy evo or the fs-i6s, pretty sure they have usb ports for computer interface (Sims and shit). Or, if you can spair the $100~, get the Taranis qx7. It's a much better, much more powerful radio. 

9 hours ago, Legolessed said:

The receiver thing is confusing me. I have read up on sbus, ppm, and pwm relievers but when I look at receivers online, a lot of them only have 3 soldering points. How do you plug everything into that?

That's the beauty of serial receivers (sbus, ibus, spektrum satellite) they deliver all the channels through one signal wire. Don't use ppm, it introduces 90ms+ of latency. Pwm is the one wire per channel business. 

29 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

For practice building I may build a little micro brushed quad. I have everything except for a receiver and a flight controller already so it will be a smaller cost. Then I can practice my building skills and enjoy a little brushed quad before moving to a true racing quad. 

I found this flight controller on banggood but don't know what receiver to use with it. For the bind plug problem on the flysky receiver, some receivers I have seen with a bind button on them.

For practice, buy a nicer radio (the ones I recommended) and fly in the Sims. If you don't like it, sell the radio. 

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I'd get either the turnigy evo or the fs-i6s, pretty sure they have usb ports for computer interface (Sims and shit). Or, if you can spair the $100~, get the Taranis qx7. It's a much better, much more powerful radio. 

That's the beauty of serial receivers (sbus, ibus, spektrum satellite) they deliver all the channels through one signal wire. Don't use ppm, it introduces 90ms+ of latency. Pwm is the one wire per channel business. 

For practice, buy a nicer radio (the ones I recommended) and fly in the Sims. If you don't like it, sell the radio. 

I found this fs-i6. It has more than the fs-i6 in the name so I just want to run it through you before purchasing. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/130990514877

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Ah. That makes sense with the receiver, so I just solder those connectors onto the flight controller?