Do you use adblock?

geforceftw

I use it all the time, because I can't stand at watching a 2 minute add before watching a 1:30 minute video, I only disable it for LTT vids and other people I support

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

does LTT have ads? I've never seen any and i dont use adblock.

LTT adds are in the video, so they don't get paid by google, but rather sponsors like intel because of the adds on the beginning of the videos

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

LTT adds are in the video, so they don't get paid by google, but rather sponsors like intel because of the adds on the beginning of the videos

oh i thought LTT was the forum/website. i know about the youtube ads

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Only turn it off for YouTubers I like

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

I use it but allow a select few through

@@||about:config

:lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

always on. i hate supporting people

same supporting peolpe is stupid

oh i thought LTT was the forum/website. i know about the youtube ads

It is, but since the channel is also called LTT I got confused a bit, but LTT has no adds, linus has talked about putting up adds in the forum, but he doesn't know how to implement them yet because he doesn't want the forum to be cluttered with adds

It is, but since the channel is also called LTT I got confused a bit, but LTT has no adds, linus has talked about putting up adds in the forum, but he doesn't know how to implement them yet because he doesn't want the forum to be cluttered with adds

if Linus is reading, one place he could place ads would be on the side of the main forum page where it has recent topics. In between "Upcoming Calendar Events" and "Recent Topic" would be fine by me!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Yes because democracy is #1

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

On everything except YouTube, linustechtips.com and twitch. If only there was a way that I can disable adblock for only certain channels. That would be great.

on everything. Ads can go SUUUUUUCK it.

Yep^^

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

on everything. Ads can go SUUUUUUCK it.

^

No. I don't use adblock and that is for one simple reason. I like to support the content creators. If I have to watch a 20 second add, or see an add on the sidebar, it is worth it. That is about 20 seconds of my time vs the hours they put into the content I am watching. Same with pirating. I want to support the game or artist.

I like supporting content creators as well! So I turn OFF the addblock on sites that host content I watch, like Youtube or rockpapershotgun. I lleave it on for general browsing on sites I do not frequent on a pretty much daily basis.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I use adblock.

I have it disabled on sites I regularly visit and/or people I support.

I believe this is the same as changing the channel on an ad break on TV.

Although I usually stay on the same channel if I am interested in the program I am watching.

With that being said, if adblock becomes illegal in the future, then I will most likely stop using it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I use adblock.

I have it disabled on sites I regularly visit and/or people I support.

I believe this is the same as changing the channel on an ad break on TV.

Although I usually stay on the same channel if I am interested in the program I am watching.

With that being said, if adblock becomes illegal in the future, then I will most likely stop using it.

I dont't know if you CAN make that illegal, you're just not watching the ads right? At any rate I don't run anything illegal either, I even went a bought all the games that someone may or may not have placed on my PC with or without paying for them in a distant or not so distant past of which I may or may not have personal knowledge.....yeah that sounds vague enough

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I don't because if everyone used ad block no sites would get any revenue and would have to shut down. You don't need ad block to prevent "viruses" just don't click on ads that say your the 1000th visitor aka don't click on spam everyone here should be smart enough to do that. So don't use ad block and support the site your viewing/using

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

The Cake is a Lie...

I dont't know if you CAN make that illegal, you're just not watching the ads right? At any rate I don't run anything illegal either, I even went a bought all the games that someone may or may not have placed on my PC with or without paying for them in a distant or not so distant past of which I may or may not have personal knowledge.....yeah that sounds vague enough

Who knows man, new laws and regulations are being invented or are changing all the time.

The government could see it as "we are viewing the website while not looking at the ads.... and looking at the ads is what pays the website owners, so therefore we are stealing from them."

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I use ad block 100% of the time with no regrets

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Who knows man, new laws and regulations are being invented or are changing all the time.

The government could see it as "we are viewing the website while not looking at the ads.... and looking at the ads is what pays the website owners, so therefore we are stealing from them."

I can see lobbyist being paid greatly to attempt this now as we speak all over the world.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I can see lobbyist being paid greatly to attempt this now as we speak all over the world.

Unfortunately that would fit perfectly. The only saving grace I think is that a lot of big company's that would jump on that hard are not tech-savvy enough. They're still selling telephone lines instead

Only on some sites. Not here.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini