How to buy a used CPU

Hello, I am very new here and I've got a burning question to ask.

The question in mind being "Should I buy a used CPU with a faulty memory controller?". I have had plenty of experiences buying used hardware but I have yet to buy something which has a bad memory controller. How would a faulty memory controller affect everyday tasks, which should be my main concerns, is there anything I could do to prevent typical behaviour caused by this problem,how safe is it to actually use this CPU for somewhere in the ball park from a year to two at most. I have found this CPU on my local ebay sort of site, buy and sell used products, where I have previously bought items which have worked completely fine with no issues. The CPU in question is the 4790k, it comes with an ASUS maximus ranger vi, 16gb vengeance pro and a hyper 212 evo all for around 350usd (that's around 465cad since I see you're a Canadian site). It is clearly stated that it has a memory controller issue and that it doesn't recognize 2 ram slots, should I be really worried and stay away from it or is it fine to use with just the remaining 2 ram slots? Thanks in advance (sorry for bad englando)

A damaged CPU is something I would stay away from. Having said that, my previous motherboard had broken ram slots, so I could only use 2 out of 4. It limited the upgrade path somewhat, otherwise it was fine.

You should look at the value of the other components, and if they are fine. Could be a great deal, if you would want to replace the broken CPU.

Also, what damaged the CPU? Was it a bad overclock? If so, the chip might have more damage or worn components...

memory controller should not be an issue unless the owner is trying to hide more problems, ultimately up to you if you want to risk it, try to get used parts from locals so you can test it out before buying. 

Personally no, i would only buy with no problem with cpu or second hand hardware listed in item descriptions so if they any chance it doesn't work paypal will refund me as the item listed as working. 

Magical Pineapples

The owner only says it happened randomly out of the blue so I'm kinda suspicious, needless to say I won't be picking up that deal any time soon, thank you for your much appreciated help.