Trouble with fps on dual monitors

Juke

Good day guys,

I tried setting up a dual monitor for the first time last week and had a little bit of problem that's annoying me. I have a Benq XL2411 (144hz) and an old Samsung monitor (60Hz).When I turn the dual monitor on, instead of maintaining their respective refresh rates, both runs at only 60 fps and I'm unable to change it. Both monitors are 1080p and I'm using an Evga Gtx 1070 Sc with an OS of Windows 10 pro. 

That is Windows 10 issue. There is no fix.

Only fix that exist is for Windows 7 and only by disabling Aero.

I have already tried my share of fixes but nothing worked. I am sorry but the only thing you can do is to play games on FullScreen which is so annoying for using multiple monitors....

You can read more about it here....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/0fb7433a-b0ec-4b01-a9cf-0cbe904b111a/windows-10-with-120hz-60-hz-monitors-issue?forum=win10itprohardware

The PARTIAL fix is...

1.) everything that causes some sort of animation on the 60Hz monitor will lock the 144 monitor to 60Hz.

As long as nothing is moving on the 60Hz you should be fine with the 144Hz monitor (doesn't work every time).

2.) sometimes it helps to change game to full screen and back to windowed/borderless mode (doesn't work every time)

This is the issue on my PC

I am not sure however if you can get the 144Hz to 144Hz at all? Is that your issue?

17 hours ago, WereCat said:

That is Windows 10 issue. There is no fix.

Only fix that exist is for Windows 7 and only by disabling Aero.

I have already tried my share of fixes but nothing worked. I am sorry but the only thing you can do is to play games on FullScreen which is so annoying for using multiple monitors....

You can read more about it here....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/0fb7433a-b0ec-4b01-a9cf-0cbe904b111a/windows-10-with-120hz-60-hz-monitors-issue?forum=win10itprohardware

The PARTIAL fix is...

1.) everything that causes some sort of animation on the 60Hz monitor will lock the 144 monitor to 60Hz.

As long as nothing is moving on the 60Hz you should be fine with the 144Hz monitor (doesn't work every time).

2.) sometimes it helps to change game to full screen and back to windowed/borderless mode (doesn't work every time)

This is the issue on my PC

I am not sure however if you can get the 144Hz to 144Hz at all? Is that your issue?

Both of my monitors are locked to 60Hz even on the 144Hz on dual monitor mode but works fine when I'm using a single monitor. I guess I have no other choice but to only use single monitor then.. :/

4 hours ago, Juke said:

Both of my monitors are locked to 60Hz even on the 144Hz on dual monitor mode but works fine when I'm using a single monitor. I guess I have no other choice but to only use single monitor then.. :/

Well, looks like your issue is a bit different. You should be definitely able to have both 144Hz and 60Hz available.

On 15/03/2017 at 4:39 AM, huilun02 said:

Do you get the option for 144Hz with the old display disconnected? 

None. Only 60Hz.

I use the dvi connection for the 144Hz monitor and hdmi for the 60Hz. It still locks to 60Hz on dual monitor mode.