More or less sensitivity?

ZionPulse

When playing games (specifically) FPS, should your mouse sensitivity be higher or lower? Is there a real impact? Is it just a personal preference? 

2 minutes ago, ZionPulse said:

When playing games (specifically) FPS, should your mouse sensitivity be higher or lower? Is there a real impact? Is it just a personal preference? 

Personal preference. What's the point of high sensitivity when you can't control it.;)

Low sensitivity is better for more accuracy, but if its too low you can't control recoil properly. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

As far as I know from nothing but my own experience, highest hardware sensivity & lowest software sensivity gives the best precision for the average user, 

For example, if you have a mouse that is 5800DPI, always use it at 5800 DPI and lower your Windows && Game sensivity settings manually, which will result in a more fluid panning & movement.

But, as always, I may be wrong.

Depends on the game. Most games like CSGO it's better to have a lower DPI so your shots are more accurate. I play with 400 DPI, and 2.5 in game sensitivity. Also make sure you turn off mouse acceleration. (enhance pointer precision)

In Windows, there is a slider for "pointer speed" under "pointer options" in the "Mouse" Control Panel (main.cpl).  Your mouse software, if present, may also let you control this value from within it.  Generally, you should set this to the middle, and then adjust sensitivity to get the movement amount that you like (assuming your control over the dpi is fine grain enough).  If you instead select a certain dpi "just cuz" and then use the Windows slider, you'll be effectively increasing or decreasing the gain on your mouse's input signal, which on the extreme high end could make it impossible to move by 1 pixel at a time, and on the low end is, well, that's just unnecessary.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.