Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flibberdipper

Creating Bootable Windows 7 Install Flash Drive

I got it. I just had to use an older version of UNetbootin.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright, Ubuntu and my netbook don't get along too well. I have a bootable Windows 7 ISO and an 8GB flash drive. I need to put Windows 7 on it to install it, since I have a netbook, which doesn't have an optical drive. I have no clue how to make that flash drive bootable with Windows 7, though. Any help would be great, since I can't use it for more than 15 minutes without it locking up, and it is really slow.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

Please mark as "Solved" so we can move along.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I always use Universal USB Installer it works better than almost any other programs and everything is automatic, you just need to click 4 buttons. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Well, I'll try UNetbootin, since it works on Linux and see how it works.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

UNetbootin failed. It would sit at the boot selection screen and do nothing.

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer

I got it. I just had to use an older version of UNetbootin.