I just need something thats better.

SammoFS

Hey all. I've asked for computer help many time but, Everything Is a bit expensive... If It can be slightly cheap/moderate (600-770 AUD)

I just need something that can game better and render faster. and record better. (check my signature for my current laptop) I'm thinking about just getting a 1050 (not Ti)

and maybe a i3/i5.

*cou- "WAIT FOR RYZEN"

OK OK I get I'll probably get a lot of that... but... The cheaper ones (Ryzen 3 and 5) Will come out later on in the year (I believe). Also another Question I wanted to ask Is If I can replace the 1050/Intel Cpu I get with better ones, I can right?. Also. If I have a suitable PSU, Could I change the motherboard to a AM4 one to fit Ryzen and still use the 1050? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

When do you plan on building your new system? (currently going through Australian PCpartpicker for prices)

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

6 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Also another Question I wanted to ask Is If I can replace the 1050/Intel Cpu I get with better ones, I can right?. Also. If I have a suitable PSU, Could I change the motherboard to a AM4 one to fit Ryzen and still use the 1050? Thanks in advance for any help.

Both yes. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Kevo05s said:

When do you plan on building your new system? (currently going through Australian PCpartpicker for prices)

I cannot work since the age you have to be to work in australia is 15. I'm still underage. so I'll be doing chores and saving. I'm at $200 (Around that) At the moment. so when I have about $750 I'll start considering.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Spork829 said:

Both yes. 

Cheers.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

This is about as best I can do. Prices and availability are real bad in Australia, really sucks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($250.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDV/D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($75.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($189.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Silverstone PS09B MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.10 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Total: $779.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-25 02:49 AEDT+1100

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

This is about as best I can do. Prices and availability are real bad in Australia, really sucks.

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($250.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDV/D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($75.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($189.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.10 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Total: $779.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-25 02:49 AEDT+1100

Ik our stuff sucks... But I think I will use this.. I'll browse ebay AU and amazon/newegg for cheaper bits (like the RX 460 and cpu and maybe memory/storage) Thanks dude! :)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Rika Shiguma said:

Ik our stuff sucks... But I think I will use this.. I'll browse ebay AU and amazon/newegg for cheaper bits (like the RX 460 and cpu and maybe memory/storage) Thanks dude! :)

If you manage to get cheaper parts on ebay, I would try and get a better PSU than the Integra, it's not all that good. Don't buy used PSU though, that's a bad idea. Just if you find cheaper RAM, GPU, CPU, maybe you can use that extra money for a better NEW PSU. Never buy used PSU or Hard Drives.

Just now, Miguel552 said:

If you manage to get cheaper parts on ebay, I would try and get a better PSU than the Integra, it's not all that good. Don't buy used PSU though, that's a bad idea. Just if you find cheaper RAM, GPU, CPU, maybe you can use that extra money for a better NEW PSU. Never buy used PSU or Hard Drives.

Thanks For the advice.

Definently don't want harddrives. *don't want darkweb stuff :(*

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Thanks For the advice.

Definently don't want harddrives. *don't want darkweb stuff :(*

Haha not only that, hard drives have moving pieces (disks and pin heads) that get damaged over time. So Hard Drives have a limited life time. PSU's on the other hand, are one of the most important parts of your computer. You don't know what kind of usage the other person gave it. You could end up blowing your whole PC if you get a faulty one.

17 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Haha not only that, hard drives have moving pieces (disks and pin heads) that get damaged over time. So Hard Drives have a limited life time. PSU's on the other hand, are one of the most important parts of your computer. You don't know what kind of usage the other person gave it. You could end up blowing your whole PC if you get a faulty one.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RZ8Df8 thats about $40 better. goodnight now its 3am here.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

I cannot work since the age you have to be to work in australia is 15. I'm still underage. so I'll be doing chores and saving. I'm at $200 (Around that) At the moment. so when I have about $750 I'll start considering.

Very responsible from someone your age!

would you be ok in reusing some parts of your current laptop? we could fit a small SSD if you are willing to reuse your laptop's hard drive

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

44 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RZ8Df8 thats about $40 better. goodnight now its 3am here.

Looks about the same, just a cheaper GPU. Sounds good.

11 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

would you be ok in reusing some parts of your current laptop? we could fit a small SSD if you are willing to reuse your laptop's hard drive

I didn't think about this. Can exchange the WD Blue for like a 128GB SSD  for like $40 if he reuses his HDD.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/pVD9XH

I switched the PSU, same price, same quality, higher wattage, but you lose the semi modular...

9 hours ago, Kevo05s said:

IDk If I can re-use my harddrive lol.If I have the cpu,mobo,gpu,psu,case but no harddrive yet i might try? idk. I'll probably just be better off getting a new version of windows. (Will probably get 8 or 7 again)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

if you can some extra:

Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($75.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($67.90 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($239.00 @ Umart) swap this to a 1050/ti if you can't afford the extra.
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $811.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-25 13:05 AEDT+1100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

if you can some extra:

Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($75.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($67.90 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($239.00 @ Umart) swap this to a 1050/ti if you can't afford the extra.
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $811.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-25 13:05 AEDT+1100

cheers

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

9 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Never mind... Your thing (https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/KttzGf) Is still cheaper, The shipping made it 40 cents expensivererer xD

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 hour ago, Rika Shiguma said:

IDk If I can re-use my harddrive lol.If I have the cpu,mobo,gpu,psu,case but no harddrive yet i might try? idk. I'll probably just be better off getting a new version of windows. (Will probably get 8 or 7 again)

I meant reuse the drive as a secondairy drive in your machine, youd still get a new drive with a fresh windows installed

1 minute ago, Kevo05s said:

I meant reuse the drive as a secondairy drive in your machine, youd still get a new drive with a fresh windows installed

oh.. well idk :P

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

oh.. well idk :P

I can guaranty it would work, my question was more "do you need the laptop to be working once the PC has been built" and "are you experienced enough to open a laptop and take out a drive"

If you answer "no" to both of these things, I would happily help you throughout the process of opening your laptop

Just now, Kevo05s said:

I can guaranty it would work, my question was more "do you need the laptop to be working once the PC has been built" and "are you experienced enough to open a laptop and take out a drive"

If you answer "no" to both of these things, I would happily help you throughout the process of opening your laptop

well... I wouldn't mind keeping the pc but meh.. I'm not experienced enough to open it up :/ (laptop model is N61JQ btw)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

13 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

this good? https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/8VF7nn

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

it would work yes, but dual core with hyper-threading is not really recommended for gaming anymore... JayzTwoCents was making a video (where he blew up a motherboard) that showed that an old AM3+ AMD CPU beats an overclocked i3 in gaming, while a lower clocked i5 beats the same AMD chips in games

11 hours ago, Kevo05s said:

it would work yes, but dual core with hyper-threading is not really recommended for gaming anymore... JayzTwoCents was making a video (where he blew up a motherboard) that showed that an old AM3+ AMD CPU beats an overclocked i3 in gaming, while a lower clocked i5 beats the same AMD chips in games

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LDFQM8

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)