No WiFi option in Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
2 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

The mobo I'm using is the Gigabyte H110M-A with an Intel Core i3 and EVGA gtx 1060. I would connect my computer to my router but unfortunately it is in a different room and I do not want to route it through my walls.

That board does not have onboard WiFi, it only has ethernet. You will need to buy a WLAN card, either USB or PCIe in order to connect over WiFi. 

I just got Windows 10 and tried to connect to a network. However, there is no option for WiFi on my computer. I tried a proposed solution where I go to Device Manager and then Network Adapters but I could not find an adapter. On the taskbar, there is an ethernet cable icon instead of a WiFi icon. Any solutions?

Have you installed the drivers for the card?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Maybe not... I am very new to this stuff so can you help me with how and where to install?

What specs do you have in your PC? Some older mobos for processors like the FX series are ethernet only. And honestly I would connect your computer to your router, its a much better connection.

Is this a brand new computer or a hand-me-down? Brand new should have come with the necessary driver pre-installed.

The mobo I'm using is the Gigabyte H110M-A with an Intel Core i3 and EVGA gtx 1060. I would connect my computer to my router but unfortunately it is in a different room and I do not want to route it through my walls.

2 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

That board does not have onboard WiFi, it only has ethernet. You will need to buy a WLAN card, either USB or PCIe in order to connect over WiFi. 

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Is this a brand new computer or a hand-me-down? Brand new should have come with the necessary driver pre-installed.

Brand new computer with brand new parts

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Oh, I see. Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

Brand new computer with brand new parts

Sorry let me rephrase that. Brand new pre-built from manufacturer or custom built.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Sorry let me rephrase that. Brand new pre-built from manufacturer or custom built.

Custom built

4 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

Custom built

You can route it along the ground if others in the house are fine with it. I have mine running from downstairs on one side of my house all the way upstaris to my router on the otherside of my house. If they dont want it on the ground you could also use wall mounts and that would work well.

Edit:Also if you get a wcard and need to downlaod drivers, you could put the installation on a USB (it needs to be for offline installation, or you could compress it)