Should I buy a Sound Card?

LucyGoosey

I have been having problems with my motherboard sound card and was wondering if adding a brand new sound card would fix the problem. It sounds like my speakers or headphones have blown if any bass plays through them. This hasn't happened before last week. If a new standalone audio card would help, which one should I buy? I don't know what prices are great, but max budget would be $150. Thanks guys!

Motherboard is Asus Z170-A

Are you running the latest bios/chipset/audio driver ?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

13 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Are you running the latest bios/chipset/audio driver ?

I am. I have reset my BIOS and CMOS per ASUS help desk suggestion, deleted and reinstalled latest drivers, with no improvement. HDMI sound (coming through GPU) and bluetooth sounds are still normal.

I recommend buying a USB DAC+AMP. You won't want to go back :)

3 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

I recommend buying a USB DAC+AMP. You won't want to go back :)

Any suggestions on what to get? Or just do research on what I think will be best?

1 minute ago, LucyGoosey said:

Any suggestions on what to get? Or just do research on what I think will be best?

I recommend posting in the audiophile topic, because I don't know much :P I originally bought a DAC+Amp to avoid a buzzing sound I got, but realized how much better the sound quality was.

6 hours ago, LucyGoosey said:

schiit fulla 2

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Strange. I still suspect software or driver issues, but that can be tough to track down. For fixing onboard audio, I generally recommend an Asus Xonar DGX, but the Fulla 2 is a better quality option if you don't mind the extra cost.