Certain games forcing 3840 x 2160

ActuallyGoose
Go to solution Solved by ivan134,
18 hours ago, Mufastang said:

If i did this and set the res to (for example) 1920x1080, then it would only be 1/4 of the screen, not fullscreen like what I'm looking for right?

There's no way around that if you want to play in borderless windowed

So, i play games in fullscreen windowed, And i have a 4k monitor. Yet whenever i make a game fullscreen windowed, it locked it to the native resolution which my little 390 can't handle a lot of the time. I've tried using a bunch of different programs to cheat the program into running fullscreen windowed. But every time it just either grey's out the resolution and puts it to 3840 x 2160, or says its 1920 x 1080 (but definitely isn't) Unless maybe the fact that it's 1920 x 1080 and fullscreen on a 4k monitor is making it lag. Otherwise I have no idea how to fix this. It's happened with basically every Origin game, Overwatch, uplay games

So if anyone know's a fix to this or if a fix is even possible then it would be very much appreciated (And hopefully that fix isn't to buy a 1080, because I'd rather not spend $1000) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

Have you tried AMD settings?

AMD settings such as?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Full screen windowed? What the fuck is that? In all seriousness, you are probably playing in border-less full screen mode. Make sure the game is set to full screen, then try and change the resolution. It might be time to get a new video card.

Yeah, sorry. I just get used to calling it fullscreen windowed, I meant borderless. And the problem is that I don't want to play in fullscreen, Alt tabbing is a hassle and I need windowed for OBS. Guess I might just have to go upgrade

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Have you tried AMD settings?

What AMD Settings do you mean? 

1 minute ago, Mufastang said:

What AMD Settings do you mean? 

You can (though never tried) add a custom resolution in AMD catalyst. Maybe that could override it somehow

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You can (though never tried) add a custom resolution in AMD catalyst. Maybe that could override it somehow

Oh, Yeah. I've tried that before, But it always comes up saying this resolution is not supported. So i just decided to leave that alone

Oh, Yeah. I've tried that before, But it always comes up saying this resolution is not supported. So i just decided to leave that alone

Which games btw?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Which games btw?

Every Origin game (So no surprises there) Specifically the battlefield's, NFS' and Dragon Age's. Overwatch. Most other games work fine if i just set the mode as borderless, Like Arma 3, source games etc. Basically all of steam is fine :P 

Every Origin game (So no surprises there) Specifically the battlefield's, NFS' and Dragon Age's. Overwatch. Most other games work fine if i just set the mode as borderless, Like Arma 3, source games etc. Basically all of steam is fine :P 

This can help?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Graphic-Issues/How-To-PC-Starting-game-in-Windowed-Mode-or-at-a-lower/td-p/1003418

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

If i did this and set the res to (for example) 1920x1080, then it would only be 1/4 of the screen, not fullscreen like what I'm looking for right?

Well you can try. But I think it will not run FS. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Well you can try. But I think it will not run FS. 

Yeah, It's just running in windowed in the quarter of the screen. Better then being fullscreen and at 5-10 fps. But still not perfect. Thanks for the help anyway! Might be time to start looking at 1080's on sale

@deXxterlab97 Actually, I may have found a solution. After setting the windowed res in the shortcut target, I used a program "Borderless window" Which basically switches
a program between window modes, same as hitting Shift+enter but it works much better. And it's fullscreen, and in the setting's it's also saying it's 1920x1080. the FPS is back to a solid 60 as well :D 

So it looks like you helped me more than i originally thought. Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, Mufastang said:

There's no way around that if you want to play in borderless windowed

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit