Monitor Recommendation

(UTR)Shrapnel

Hi I have recently owned two Acer Preadtor 321 xb1's 4K 32" displays but returned both due to backlight bleed in the corners and frame rate limitations (They wouldn't go over 60fps in 1080). I have since decided to look at 34" ultra wide displays at 3440 x 1440p. Can anyone recommend one of these monitors that works at least to 100hz at this resolution and what it was that made you choose this display. I mainly game but would like to do some content creation also.

Many Thanks for your suggestions

Brian

ASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor, this monitor is super expensive but it ticks your boxes of a 34 inch ultrawide that functions at 100Hz.

Another monitor that was featured on LinusTechTips is the M340CLZ which sells on Ebay, it's really cheap though and I wouldn't be able to guarantee that you wouldn't have any dead pixels or issues upon arrival.

6 minutes ago, (UTR)Shrapnel said:

Backlight bleed is just something that tends to come with IPS dispalys mostly

You could get a 40" 4k Wasabi Mango, which does 4k 60hz or 1080p 120hz at least it's advertised to do so

Otherwise it's like $1100 minimum for what you want with G-sync
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WDcMnQ/acer-monitor-umcx1aa002

Or $600 for 2560x1080p 144hz with free-sync I believe

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009847&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-N82E16824009847&gclid=CjwKEAiAxKrFBRDm25f60OegtwwSJABgEC-Z0vgG6H2sxrP9aH6H5n_rTZmFlJmXgz0PXtvUu0dI3hoCuE3w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'm reading up on the Asus it ticks all the boxes does anyone know how it compares to the LG34's. Might mean I have to wait until next payday as I'm moving house next week but if it's right I don't mind spending the money. I tried a 40" display before I went to the 32's and they're just massive way way too big on my desk.

Thanks for the tips so far :D