FX 4300 Bottleneck

So I was planning on buying an RX 480, but as I only have an AMD FX 4300 while it is overclocked to 4.55ghz, I was wandering about how much will it bottleneck the 480

It'll bottleneck quite a bit

I've seen it bottleneck with a 6300 bad, probably worse with a 4300

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Depends, they are the same core architecture, if the game only uses 4 cores they would be the same.

Also depends on the games you are playing, but mostly yes, there will be bottlenecking. Ryzen quad core is supposed to be about $150 and should be a good match for a 480.

@4.8ghz probably not much in gpu focused games/apps. 4.55 if its rock stable will still give you over 60fps average but your min's will be pretty low at times should still be playable on the most part.

Online on the other hand will be a strugle with the extra calculations of where people are/ammo etc.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

7 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

2 minutes ago, Necrodead said:

Depends, they are the same core architecture, if the game only uses 4 cores they would be the same.

Also depends on the games you are playing, but mostly yes, there will be bottlenecking. Ryzen quad core is supposed to be about $150 and should be a good match for a 480.

Cool, thanks I was planning on upgrading to Ryzen in the future but at the moment my aging Radeon HD 5570 needs to be replaced

2 minutes ago, Necrodead said:

yeah as always it depends on how the game actually utilises the processor. if it's like Watchdogs 2 which loves cores/threads, then he will see a noticeable change from let's say his 4300 and a ryzen 4c/8t processor. 

idk

1 minute ago, Dodgeyou said:

Cool, thanks I was planning on upgrading to Ryzen in the future but at the moment my aging Radeon HD 5570 needs to be replaced

Just buy a new card. keep it for the next build and use it now. Your experience will be much better and a good improvement, still held back by the other hardware, but a load better in comparison

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

3 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Just buy a new card. keep it for the next build and use it now. Your experience will be much better and a good improvement, still held back by the other hardware, but a load better in comparison

Yeah that's what I was gonna do because in basically any game after like 2010-2011 I have to run on low and I still struggle to hit 30-35 and can't even play newer games 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

You should probably go with an RX470 

Yeah but an RX 480 would last a bit longer until I have to upgrade again plus it's not too much more expensive so I think i'll go with the 480

7 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

You should probably go with an RX470 

in the US 480 is clocked higher and has more shader cores, and it's just $10-20 more.

idk

Yeah 470 pricing is really fucked up here in the US, it cost like $20 more to get a 480 which for that difference it's a steal

To be fair I would get the rx 480. It would be a night and day difference compared to the 5570. It would be bottlenecked but you'd still get much more performance. Then whenever ryzen comes out upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

;_;

it's actually $15 now that I look it up, but thats lowest 470 vs 480 AIDS Dragon (Red Dragon) - I'd rather pay the extra $5 for the Nitro D5OC version from Sapphire

idk