Advice Needed For Console Lets Play Series

SuperShermanTanker

So I literally just got a capture card and even though it's not the best thing in the world being only capible of 480p 30fps and is using a old analog input, it's plenty for streaming older PS2 and Nintendo games. I'm currently trying to get it configured with OBS for the best quality I can get by trying to crop any black bars out (eccept for the unavoidable 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 screen bars) and keeping the bitrate nice and high with upscaling to 1080p to make up for the compression twitch and youtube does. The only problem I'm having is trying to get rid of the interlacing lines from when the screen moves too fast is that just because of the capture card or does it have somthing to do with software. I'm currently using a AverMedia EZmaker 7 since it looked good for a device to hook my PS2 up to to stream and was from a brand I actually heard of. Also I was wondering if anyone has any advice for any tricks to doing commentary as the only thing I'm doing for commentary is just blabbering whatever I'm thinking of doing in the game.

image.pngimage.jpeg

Don't really know much about capture cards but it sounds like it might be the capture card that is causing the interlacing lines. You could get a better card for your PC and emulate the PS2 games on there.

I use the Elgato video capture for my older stuff, and it seems to do the trick with no interlacing lines that I've ever seen.

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Video-Capture-analog-iPhone/dp/B0029U2YSA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1487831550&sr=1-1&keywords=elgato+video+capture

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W