Stress Test Question?

Guest lilbman

Hello,

Are there any stress tests that accurately represent a workload that a game would put on a CPU?  I am currently using OCCT but I don't think it really think anything would stress a CPU like OCCT does.

Most stress tests are more intense than games to be honest, even the good ones that aren't insane like prime 95 and furmark.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Unigine Heaven/Valley is probably the most realistic one out there. or maybe 3DMark timespy or firestrike.

Any realistic CPU benchmarks?

Every game puts different amount of load on CPU. GTA:V is more CPU-bound, for example, whereas CS:GO is not that harsh on the CPU.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Asus RealBench might be closest, but it too reflects more to photo/video editing and rendering. Playing games are most accurate for them. But if you are fine with stress test, its very likely you'll be fine with gaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Asus RealBench might be closest, but it too reflects more to photo/video editing and rendering. Playing games are most accurate for them. But if you are fine with stress test, its very likely you'll be fine with gaming.

Well, my laptop(Alienware 15 R3) fails the OCCT stress test  because of uneven core temps.  I was just wanting a more realistic one to see if it would get too hot during gameplay.  If it does get too hot during games, then I might send it off to someone to get it fixed.

48 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Well, my laptop(Alienware 15 R3) fails the OCCT stress test  because of uneven core temps.  I was just wanting a more realistic one to see if it would get too hot during gameplay.  If it does get too hot during games, then I might send it off to someone to get it fixed.

Laptops do get hot anyway. So might as well just game and use afterburner or hwinfo to record temps during that time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv