air cooling for s340 elite - 1st pc build

neo8175

This is my 1st pc build and I'm not sure what air case fans to buy and best placement for the fans. I also want to replace the stock fans on the h100i cooler. I was looking to get the Corsair SP120 PVM for the radiator and the AF120 or SP120 for the exhaust fans? Thanks.

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb ddr4-3200

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI)

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB

NZXT S340 Elite Black

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold

just get air in, and have the top fans exhaust. the enormous holes in the back will take care of the rest.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Why replace the stock fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I did purchase the h100i v2 but I can return it if needed. Would you recommend getting an air cooler instead of an aio radiator and doing a push/pull config to cool down the dual gpu's? (af140's in the front, af120 back) I don't plan on watercooling the gpu's and worried about temps in the s340. If so, what air cooler should buy besides the nh-d14/15 if I want to overclock the cpu? It doesn't look too pretty in an all black case.

19 hours ago, neo8175 said:

I did purchase the h100i v2 but I can return it if needed. Would you recommend getting an air cooler instead of an aio radiator and doing a push/pull config to cool down the dual gpu's? (af140's in the front, af120 back) I don't plan on watercooling the gpu's and worried about temps in the s340. If so, what air cooler should buy besides the nh-d14/15 if I want to overclock the cpu? It doesn't look too pretty in an all black case.

Not having a rad in the front would be better for unrestricted airflow. 

Returning the h100i and getting an air cooler would be better. 

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.