What does the "12V input" do and where should i connect?

KomStat78999

Hey guys.I'm a noob here and plus,this is my first build.My case is a Phanteks P400s and my power supply is a Seasonic 620W fully modular.Where should i connect the "12v input"? and does this connector powers up the front panel including the fan controller and the RGB light underneath?

3 minutes ago, KomStat78999 said:

Hey guys.I'm a noob here and plus,this is my first build.My case is a Phanteks P400s and my powe supply is a Seasonic 620W fully modular.Where should i connect the "12v input"? and does this connector powers up the front panel including the fan controller and the RGB light underneath?

12V input, a connector on the M12II 620W?

Could you give us a picture (or a physical description) of this connector? It might be the CPU connector (if it has 8 pins and breaks into 4 and 4, it's definitely the CPU connector).

Also I commend you on your good PSU choice :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Hey there, if its a single 12v input and has a 24pin at the end it goes to the M / B (can go to either top or bottom of the PSU)

If its a CPU power than on the bottom left of the m / b There should be CPU and sata, plug those in there.

nvm misread..

8 minutes ago, KomStat78999 said:

Hey guys.I'm a noob here and plus,this is my first build.My case is a Phanteks P400s and my powe supply is a Seasonic 620W fully modular.Where should i connect the "12v input"? and does this connector powers up the front panel including the fan controller and the RGB light underneath?

If you are talking about this sata connector here it would be for powering the LED's on the case:

p400s-13b.jpg

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you are talking about this sata connector here it would be for powering the LED's on the case:

p400s-13b.jpg

YES! thats the connector. Should I connect it to the power supply's SATA connector?

1 minute ago, KomStat78999 said:

YES! thats the connector. Should I connect it to the power supply's SATA connector?

Yup, connect it to a SATA

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, KomStat78999 said:

Yes it needs to be connected to the PSU. 

Thanks guys!:) Oh wait almost forgot how bout this connectors then? This one connects the 2 included case fans. 2 of them are already connected but one connectors that confused me.This connector has only 2 pin so i dont know which where should i connect it to the motherboard(Asus Z170 Pro Gaming)DSC_0026-1.jpgDSC_0027.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pictures :) This is not my phone.My phones been send it to the shop for repair.