Used titan x with possible issue?

lonestar31
Go to solution Solved by lonestar31,
3 minutes ago, lilbman said:

He's probably underplaying the issues.  

Don't do it, it's a mirage.

What I figured thank you both!

Found this Titan X on sale locally and was wondering if it was worth the risk? Seller says the comp will boot in safe mode but not in regular windows. Have not been able to get any other additional information from the seller, what do you guys think?

Spoiler

IMG_0920.PNGIMG_0921.PNG

Desktop - CPU: R5-2600 MOBO: Asus B450 Micro Atx MEM: Team T-Force RGB Black 16gb GPU: MSI 970 CASE: Zalman Z9 Neo White PSU: Antec EA-750 Earthwatts

No way.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

That seems to good to be true deal, something worse might be wrong with that GPU. It might have even been water cooled and overclocked, maybe even way too over clocked and killed it...

Edited by Bxboy420

3 minutes ago, lilbman said:

What I figured thank you both!

Desktop - CPU: R5-2600 MOBO: Asus B450 Micro Atx MEM: Team T-Force RGB Black 16gb GPU: MSI 970 CASE: Zalman Z9 Neo White PSU: Antec EA-750 Earthwatts

They may have put a high overclock on it using something like MSI afterburner, MSI afterburner opens at startup and turns on an unstable overclock so the computer crashes, but MSI afterburner doesn't open when the computer is on safe mode 

That said, I really don't think you could bring a test ssd or hdd to the sellers house to test my theory, ask if the seller overclocked it before it "died" because the card might be perfectly fine and worth buying. 

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

They may have put a high overclock on it using something like MSI afterburner, MSI afterburner opens at startup and turns on an unstable overclock so the computer crashes, but MSI afterburner doesn't open when the computer is on safe mode 

That said, I really don't think you could bring a test ssd or hdd to the sellers house to test my theory, ask if the seller overclocked it before it "died" because the card might be perfectly fine and worth buying. 

I have this issue with my 290. It's a driver/GPU BIOS issue, where either the drivers are dying hard or the GPU BIOS is dead and not giving enough voltage to the card. Could be what you said though :P@lonestar31

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Unless it's a TITAN XP (doesn't look like it) then I wouldn't buy it.

a used 980Ti is only about $100 more expensive

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4