My southbridge is inverted upwards. Need help

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
6 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

I see... Is there any tools I need to use in order not to destroy the pins or bare hands will do? Btw, is there any thermal paste underneath it that needs to be replaced if I remove it?

You should be able to just pull up on them by hand without any problem. The heatsink should have thermal pads which can be reused but if it has paste you will want to re-apply.

5 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

Is there any tips on inverting the southbridge of my board?

Looks like someone dropped the ball at work. As for inverting it's fairly simple those looks to be just the push pin type fasteners, all you need to do is pull up to release each pin and turn the heasink around and push the pins back down to lock them in place. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Looks like someone dropped the ball at work. As for inverting it's fairly simple those looks to be just the push pin type fasteners, all you need to do is pull up to release each pin and turn the heasink around and push the pins back down to lock them in place. 

I see... Is there any tools I need to use in order not to destroy the pins or bare hands will do? Btw, is there any thermal paste underneath it that needs to be replaced if I remove it?

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

You should be able to just pull up on them by hand without any problem. The heatsink should have thermal pads which can be reused but if it has paste you will want to re-apply.

You dont need to do anything about it, the chipset isnt upside down the heatsink is. That wont have any physical effect on it. The only reason to mess with it is if it bothers you.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"